• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
duncs

Gti-6 Engine?

duncs

evening all, just a query here iv just bought a 205 with a supposed gti-6 engine in it but the only main difference i can see between an mi is the top engine mount and the inlet manifold, does anyone have a picture of there gti6 engine or code i can use to verify im not to bothered if it is a 6 or an mi as the whole car only cost £500 si its no hardship cheers for any info guys :huh:

taylorspug

GTI-6 engine

Heres what a GTI-6 looks like, the rocker cover is a good giveaway, also have a peek down the back at the exhaust manifold, its a proper 4 branch jobbie. The picture shows Maxis totally standard conversion, so that is what a proper '6 converted car should look like...

welshpug

gti6 has the oil filler in the cam covers, Mi16 does not.

2.0 Mi16 wont have a dizzy, 1.9 will.

duncs

its as i thought then a late mi-16 its just the guy was having none of it when i said it looks like an mi,but anyone who sells a 205 mi for £500 isnt going to know what there on about eh :D anyway its a bit to chav to be saved as i only wanted the engine and goodies on it as there of to a better place.......my 309 :huh:

welshpug

good man!

Ahl

FTW! :huh:

ChrisG

Lucky sod finding all that for £500 :huh:

duncs

ill put pics up tomorrow :huh:

duncs

right phoned ecosse who done the loom on the car says its an s16 engine? that a good thing or a bad thing?

hman205

2.0l Mi16 uses the iorn Block doesn't suffer with oil surge as badly as the Alloy mi16 as and with a De cat can make roughly the same power

willxs

2.0l 16v 150-155bhp standard with a cat. can be found in 306S16 and same engine used in 405Mi16 (later style)

pug_life

s16 is 2litre mi16 as found in 405s.... got the avac system :P

good strong torquey engines, prefer them to alloy block tbh... the difference is 5bhp between two mint healthy engines :P

duncs

that sounds decent,should go well in the 309, will my pugspares 4 branch i have on my mi fit or is it different to the ally block?

duncs

here is a pic of what £500 buys you up here and a pic of the 205 its going into having to sell the 309 :( can i swap that huge inlet manifold for an mi or gti-6 one ?

new one

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/duncs_01/dunc011.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/duncs_01/dunc010.jpg

new home?

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/duncs_01/dunc006.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/duncs_01/red2.jpg

Hilgie

That's the S16 engine for sure. Good reliable engine....loads of low end torque.

VisaGTi16v

Reliable as long as you dont get a backfire at which point the plastic manifold explodes lol! I had one in my ZX 16v and yes nice and torquey down low but a bit weak high up and rev limit is 6700, doesnt pull as well as my J4RS lump in the Xsara at high revs.

Do a search as I think its simple to put a GTi6/Xsara VTS manifold on them which extracts a bit more power cheaply (probably less than the cost of 2 new diaphrams which will break all the time!)

lee-bg

About the inlet manifold,

yeah, you can stick easily a Mi16 one , which is much better than the stupid ACAV system on standart 2.0 16V S16/ZX

Hilgie
Reliable as long as you dont get a backfire at which point the plastic manifold explodes lol! I

Mine had exactly the same when I bought it! LOL

Sign in to follow this