• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kenp

P2 To P1.5 Door Swaps (for Info)

kenp

Just swapped a door from our donor P2 car to our trusty P1.5. Reason being that the door on the P1.5 had been replaced sometime before for a different shade (read faded) of cherry red :) . Donor car was a very good match for ours.

Swap went ok - even the hinge pins came out easy :D . Did notice that the hole for the loom in the door was higher on the P2 door than the P1.5 one which means that the loom and gaiter is a bit stretched. I left the loom as slack as I could in the area around the gaiter. Only other difference I found was a small hole in the door near the internal door lock sticky up thing ( :) ) which takes a small trim clip on the P1.5 was missing on the P2. Faced with either removing the door trim again and drilling a hole (had already refitted the handle and door pocket before I noticed) or snipping the clip off..... I chose the later ;)

Had to swap the electric window (on the P1.5) into the new door but that presented no probs at all which was nice :)

An added bonus of doing this is that after adjusting the new door and striker plate we have found wind noise much reduced :D

Edited by kenp

Sign in to follow this