• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Xu10 J4r Cams

Richie-Van-GTi

Im picking up an xu10j4r 135bhp engine this week from a fellow member, what other cams fit this lump? Can I stick MI cams in etc?

thanks

welshpug

mi cams wont fit, J4RS cams will :rolleyes:

PsychoSimon

you can get the standard cams reground to a bigger spec than standard gti-6 cams and other than that the gti-6 ones are the best bet

Miles

As said only the J4R or RS cam;s fit, I;ve got a set of 6 cam's I don;t need if any use

petert

Or I can regrind your J4R inlet to something even more interesting!

Richie-Van-GTi

Miles and peter, prices please :o

Im not in any rush to fit the engine as Ive just built the current engine to spec below so I want to build this one in spare time to a real good spec then run it on carbs with mapped ignition. Just as well as moneys a bit tight.

Mattsav

Or you start with new blanks and have something far more interesting :o

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds expensive, out of interest how wild can I go on OEM valves etc? Not too worried about idle it can be as lumpy as it likes, i prefer the sound of lumpy idles anyway.

Also a side note, could I modify my existing 4 branch to fit the other engine?

chris 417 mi

guess you got that engine you were on about then :)

petert

GTi6 cams are basically identical to 1.9L Mi16 cams, so that gives you a starting point. I could do my Stage I or Stage II profiles on the original cam, but that would be the limit. To be honest, my Stage I profile would be the best option. It can make up to 200hp on a 2L engine. The Stage II is obviously bigger, but requires ignition mapping and more CR to get the best out of it.

Richie-Van-GTi

Ive created a new thread peter, I would really appreciate your advice in there as you will see exactly what my plan is.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this