• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

Gsf Parts

foreigner

I was looking at the GSF catalogue and thinking if it is reasonable quality or cheap rubbish.

Anyone got some experience?

Miles

It all depends on what supplier they have bought the parts from, Sometime's it's OE stuff in the manufacture's box or pattern parts, Just ask for the OE one or I think the part number might be different, And they like the Citroen description as Pug's confuse them most of the time

Anthony

As said, some of it is good and OE quality, and other stuff is cheap crap (wishbone bushes for example). By and large though GSF stuff is pretty good and I tend to use them a fair amount :wacko:

foreigner
As said, some of it is good and OE quality, and other stuff is cheap crap (wishbone bushes for example). By and large though GSF stuff is pretty good and I tend to use them a fair amount :wacko:

so you don't recommend wishbones then?

Rob_the_Sparky

People have had bad experiences with them failing early but I have had a set on mine for a few thousand miles without problem so far.

Only thing with GSF is that there stock system can be a bit crap resulting in them sending you the wrong bits. I've always found them to be VERY fair in cases like this but it is always worth checking what they give you before leaving the shop.

Despite this they are my first choice for parts, due to price and there being a branch local to me.

Alastairh

I've had good experiences with GSF i use in Northampton. I normally phone up in the morning with the part number after looking on the net, but you need to know exactly what your getting and check the parts thoroughly!

Alastair

g60-r

had plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm and air filter off them the other day.

no complaints.

van cleef

I bought fog's and spot's for my 309 and where very good after market parts so no complaints from me.

luggy

I get most of my parts from GSF with no problems apart from wishbones where the ball joints would fail after only a couple of hundred miles, went in and they exchange them no questions asked, got pissed off with having to payout to get the tracking done each time so I use another motor factor for the wishbones which supply Moog ones which are good.

hengti

apart from the being supplied with the wrong parts on occasion, the only problems i've had with GSF (or ECP) sourced parts have been wishbones (again) and droplinks

Gibbo GTI

I've had no probs with GSF and they refunded the surcharged goods I returned straight away.

foreigner
I get most of my parts from GSF with no problems apart from wishbones where the ball joints would fail after only a couple of hundred miles, went in and they exchange them no questions asked, got pissed off with having to payout to get the tracking done each time so I use another motor factor for the wishbones which supply Moog ones which are good.

Moog ones?? What do you mean? can you point me towards the shop?

pugrallye

Moog are made by federal mogal (who manufacture ferodo), not the cheapest but never had a problem with them on any car the parts they supplied have been fitted to, most motor factors can obtain them, you might want to try bucks auto components as thats your nearest most definate.

Sign in to follow this