• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Ecu Locating

Gavin Waddell

was wndering if any one had a photo of how the bracket that holds the ecu is fixed. ive had a look but with my head upside down its a bit hard.

cheers gavin

inferno

it has three, 6 or 8 mm bolts/nuts holding it up. quite tricky to get to sometimes.

Edited by inferno

Gavin Waddell

chers inferno, but what i need is a photo to see which way round it goes

Baz

How the bracket itself is fixed? that's your question anyhow so...

There is one of those star washers holding it, then a bracket that goes upwards and is held in by the dash bolt, to get it out you have to take off the washer, then undo the dash - 10mm under scuttle panel each side, one 10mm bolt in centre of dash, behind triangular panel above ashtray, and one behind heater vent on each side,) and pull the whole dash through the hole in the bulk head on the driver's side, so the ecu bracket will become free from the bolt itself.

Did it myself yesterday to remove a wiring loom, PITA!!! :ph34r:

pug_ham

The standard ecu mounting tray will only fit in one way.

Graham.

Gavin Waddell

i no it only goes in one way but which way is the question. baz will have a look at it tomorrow, i only have half a dash its a track car, so i might jury rig it.

Sign in to follow this