• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
van cleef

Turbo's

van cleef

Question-Are the turbo's on the 2l 8v all the same or is there any small or large differences?

The turbo which is on my 605 engine look's like i could be quiet Goosed but the engine is out the car at the moment.

So it look's like i'll be trying to get a hold of a second hand one in the next couple of month's.

van cleef

Thought you might be the first to reply but is there a definate guide to let you know which turbo go's on what car type.

This is the first time i've really dealt with the xu10 and any advice would be gratefuly recieved and i want everything in good order before i even start the conversion.

sonofsam

I had a quick search and I cant seem to find any guides per say

have you not thought about getting your unit rebuilt?

P>S. Am I that predictable,lol

inferno

all the xu10 turbos will be interchangable, from memory the later ones are a little different, dont ask me why though i dont know!

whats wrong with your turbo? rebuild kits are around 40£ and while you at it u can add stepper seal £5-10 in the turbine end and a 360 thrust plate £40ish...

sonofsam

Talk about non standard flange! ;)

5ecc_1.jpg

inferno

Well yes... only french t25s have that gayness.... :S

van cleef

The engine came as sold saying it had a broken turbo and for rebuilding it well i've never even removed an engine or dealt with turbo's before as this is my first learning curve of doing conversion's.

I thought it would be easier just to get a descent second hand one for the moment and eventualy get the present one reconed as a second backup one.

I have an M plate 605 engine, so i need to know if i have a choice or when phoning around do or can i state other car's using the same turbo.

I'm just wanting to get the engine in working order so i can plan to remove my xu9 lump.

inferno

i might have a turbo mate, my 406 has a blown bottom end, but i dont know the condition of the turbo yet, ill try n pull it off in the week if its any goor to u? sold the last one for 60£ posted.... its from an rgx engine , what engine was yours?

van cleef

To be honest i'm not that sure it's wraped up like a christmas present at my dads garage on a pallet.

I have'nt found out yet if it's a RGY or RGX what's the best way of finding out?If your turbo is ok give me a shout.

Would do a search but i'm to lazy.

inferno

lol theres a number near the oil filter, but if u want, take a photo of the cam belt end of engine with the turbo intake pipe off. i have photos comparing them somewhere.

id imagine its an rgx... ive only come across rgy in older xm's

van cleef

Cheer's

Ok i'll try and get a picture posted up tomorow if i get time.

van cleef

Thank's sonofsam what kink of intercooler is that anyway i've managed to get my hand's on a near new cosworth one for dirt cheap.

van cleef

Had a look today and was gonna take a picture but the wife is away with the camera.

So the only number i could see was a three digit one which was 093 and that was the only number i could see by the oil filter.

tom_m
So the only number i could see was a three digit one which was 093 and that was the only number i could see by the oil filter.

they can be very hard to see, generally very corroded, but become legible with a bit of gentle cleaning.

I've got a couple of the standard turbos knocking about if you need one. drop me a PM if you need one.

Sign in to follow this