• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
red

Heater Matrix

red

Is it possible to remove the heater matrix without removing all the centre console and swithches etc? I have a spare heater box complete and was wondering if the matrix can be removed by it's self leaving the rest in situ?

Thanks in advance ..........

Regards Russ........

jackherer

yep, if you take the lower cowling off on the drivers side (rhd) then the matrix slides out sideways...

red

Nice one thanks for that, need to find the time now.

Regards Russ.....

jackherer

you'll get it done in less than 30 minutes including draining and refilling the coolant!! :ph34r:;)

(if its leaking at the moment as a quick fix you can just bypass it on the engine side of the bulkhead)

red

Yes it's leaking slightly, but as it's used for sprinting I'm in no rush, I just keep wiping the water up in the rear seat passengers footwell on the drivers side and topping up, althought the Antifreeze has made a bit of a mess of my respray on the footwell :ph34r: it makes good paint remover.

One other thing I'd like to ask?, on the distribution pipe on the back of the 8 valve engine does it matter which side of the pipe goes to the heater and the other to the SAD/ stat housing.

Regards Russ.........

jackherer

the distribution pipe has one outlet for the heater matrix, one for the expansion tank and one for the lower rad hose. Looking from the front of the car the lower rad hose goes on the left, the heater matrix next and then the expansion tank on the right.

there is an expoded diagram of the coolant system floating about, I can't find it on my hard disk but someone here should have a copy....

jackherer

did you mean which pipe on the heater matrix connects to the distribution pipe? If so I dont think it matters from a circulation point of view but the factory fit it to the top one so the bottom one lines up with the clip on the bulkhead.

red
did you mean which pipe on the heater matrix connects to the distribution pipe? If so I dont think it matters from a circulation point of view but the factory fit it to the top one so the bottom one lines up with the clip on the bulkhead.

Yes,I wasn't sure, when I looked at the distribution pipe it didn't look like it would be a problem, I'd marked the in/out of the heater on the bulkhead, I thought that there may be a problem with pressure as it hadn't leaked before, probably due to moving it, again thanks for the info.

Regards Russ........

Sign in to follow this