• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Turbo7379

For Those Needing New Rear Calipers

Turbo7379

I went looking for a pair of rear calipers in the local breakers . He didn't have any older stuff like 306's or zx's that would have the same calipers but he suggested I check a Xsara out the front . Took a look & 30 mins later & £80 lighter I was driving home with a pair of 2.0 16v Xsara calipers identical to 205 GTI ones . :wub:

Then I called into the motor factors & collected the new rear discs & pads I ordered . That was another £43 but now I have virtually all new rear brakes fitted for £123 . :lol:

Rippthrough
I went looking for a pair of rear calipers in the local breakers . He didn't have any older stuff like 306's or zx's that would have the same calipers but he suggested I check a Xsara out the front . Took a look & 30 mins later & £80 lighter I was driving home with a pair of 2.0 16v Xsara calipers identical to 205 GTI ones . :wub:

Then I called into the motor factors & collected the new rear discs & pads I ordered . That was another £43 but now I have virtually all new rear brakes fitted for £123 . :lol:

They would be, the xsara is a 306 in drag, you can use saxo or 106 calipers too.

Ryan

Renault 5 GT Turbos have them too, and probably a few others as well. They're quite a popular caliper among the french manufacturers.

Jrod

80 for second hand calipers? :wub:

My local breakers wanted a tenner each.

Surley you can get them reconditioned for not much more than that?

fletch

£80 is a bit pricey to say the calipers are common across 106s, 205s, 306s, saxos etc.

taylorspug

Seems a bit pricey for secondhand calipers, i do them reconditioned on exchange basis for £60 a pair.

Alastairh

Thats a bloody good price Dan. I know there new £65ish new each from GSF.

taylorspug

Cheers matey!

TBH i dont want to charge too much for them, i just do them when im having a quiet day work wise (currently thats never!), so it just makes me a few quid in between big jobs. ^_^

Rik

1 word, 5 syllabuls (spelling?)

Standardisation

no point designing something new if it works fine on another...!

VisaGTi16v

All Xsaras have the same rear calipers with 247 discs. Most are 266mm front except for the VTS with its 283 ones same as the GTi6, some of the 1.4's have 247's I think

hengti

just out of interest - do the front calipers on these other cars have the same piston design/handbrake adjustment mechanism as the rear 205 calipers?

ed. sorry - ignore me; i misread the first post.

Edited by hengti

Sign in to follow this