• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Mi16 Bottom End Torque Settings.

matt-k

Hi, Ive finally got everything together to build up the engine but i cannot find the torque settings for the bottom end ive had a quick look on here and only found the top end settings, i have a haynes manual for the 405s but they dont seem to be in that either and i dont want to pay out for another just for torque settings! If anyone can help i would very much appreciate it as i wanted to get started tomorrow.

The engine's an alloy XU9 mi16.

Thanks, matt. :ph34r:

Mikey G

Haynes shows the same settings for all XU engines as they all use similar components.

Main bearings 40lb/ft, centre side bolts 18 lb/ft

Big end bearings, stage 1 30 lb/ft

fully slacken all nuts and retighten to stage 2, 15 lb/ft

Stage 3 tighten through 70 degrees.

HTH

WildCards
Haynes shows the same settings for all XU engines as they all use similar components.

Main bearings 40lb/ft, centre side bolts 18 lb/ft

Big end bearings, stage 1 30 lb/ft

fully slacken all nuts and retighten to stage 2, 15 lb/ft

Stage 3 tighten through 70 degrees.

HTH

Can any confirm this? I need to torque mine up tonight and the Haynes I bought off ebay hasn't arrived yet, although I do have one for a 205. Confirmation from a few bods would ease my mind.

Mikey G

It was taken from a 405 Haynes manual and it didnt show any different torque settings for the bottom end between 8v and 16v engines.

WildCards
It was taken from a 405 Haynes manual and it didnt show any different torque settings for the bottom end between 8v and 16v engines.

Nice one

Sign in to follow this