• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

Throttle Pedal Stiffening Up

Anton green

My throttle pedal has stiffened up, are there any cures, or do I need to buy new parts to have it good and free again?

M_R_205
My throttle pedal has stiffened up, are there any cures, or do I need to buy new parts to have it good and free again?

its probs just cloging up with dirt, squirt some wd40 in the pedal and throtle end of the outer casing and work it back and forth, should free it up :(

daza4

remove the cable and drop some kind of oil down it ie like WD40 or something thicker (with a nozzle attached!!!) as this will relieve the corrosion or dryness in the cable.

Just check that the cable is straight and not kinked in anyway as that will also lead to a roughness in the pedal.

:(

jackherer

Use proper grease, not WD40.

pug_ham

If its on an Mi, check the throttle linkages on the TB to check they haven't worked loose & are binding making it stiff.

Graham.

sonofsam
Use proper grease, not WD40.

Yes, in my experience WD-40 has the power to be a good degreasent :ph34r:

I've just refurbed my old speedo cable with Halfords spray grease, has done the job nicely.

Or GT85 is as good as it contains Teflon.

Grez4

I would guess the cable has a kink in it. Check pedal and tb end.

Gibbo GTI

You could buy a cable oiler from a motorcycle shop, they are cheap and easy to use.

brianthemagical

check the springy bit on the tb. i ceaned my tb and forgot to re-grease it which my the pedal stiff.

Anton green

I'll be attempting to get some grease in the cable -It's not the throttle body, I checked that and it's operating smoothly. It really does feel like a 'dry cable'

lee-bg

I changed my cable not long time ago and the new one (it was a KIT from Peugeot for all models) containes grease. I greased the metal cable, then put it inside the housing, then put all this together from the pedal to the throttle (i should say my dashboard was down too, so it was easy).

Now my cable is so easy to operate that even the slight pressure on the pedal makes the car Brrrmm...and the throttle opens...its soft like cotton.

Anton green

I like the sound of that. I have a 'vets' type syringe which I was going to fill with moly grease and squirt it into the cable, but now I might just break out the Haynes later this evening to see how to cable attaches at the bulkhead so I can remove it completely and grease the cable by hand

C_W

It just unclips from the throttle pedal and pulls through the bulkhead.

Anton green

nice :)

Edited by Anton green

Sign in to follow this