• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Maplins Central Locking

quagmire

I have just fitted a central locking kit from maplins cause the original one packed up. I have fitted it to the doors ok. To save alot of hassle I thought it would be a good idea to use the existing 2 wires from the old boot lock motor and connect them up to the new system rather than running aload of new wire through the car.

The only problem is I have checked the wires running under the carpet on the passenger side and cant find the 2 wires that control the motor. Any ideas?

dch1950
I have just fitted a central locking kit from maplins cause the original one packed up. I have fitted it to the doors ok. To save alot of hassle I thought it would be a good idea to use the existing 2 wires from the old boot lock motor and connect them up to the new system rather than running aload of new wire through the car.

The only problem is I have checked the wires running under the carpet on the passenger side and cant find the 2 wires that control the motor. Any ideas?

Hi,

you probably won't find it under the carpet as the feed is taken from the driver side actuator. (according to Haynes).Hope this helps

Dave

Phil H

look for a yellow 2 pin plug in the passenger footwell near the bonnet pull. That's ya kiddie.

quagmire

Cheers I'll have a look tomorrow. This plug is on the phase 1.5 without the remote central locking right?

quagmire

Found it! :( I've got full (working) central locking again!

Only things that need doing now is the heater blower, the timing so it idles better (booked in tomorrow) and the cambelt.

How much does it usually cost to have the cambelt changed?

Sign in to follow this