• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cabrowly

106 Gti Wiring, Help Wanted Please :)

Guest cabrowly

Hello there,

I've got a 205 cj with a 106 gti lump in. I'm changing the whole loom to a late phase2 gti type. I'm just wanting a bit of help joining the 106 engine loom to the rest of the gti loom.

Does anybody have any diagrams, advise or tuition. Would be muchos appreciated.

Thanks guys!

stu_woac

dont really understand what you want here do you mean the dash wires as the engine loom for the 106 lump is all selfcontain really ??

Guest cabrowly

Well I'm using a complete 1.9 gti loom apart from the engine loom bit as the one i will be using is for a 106 gti engine.

What I'm needing to work out is how to make the 106 engine loom wire into where the 1.9 would. Sorry i'm not brilliant at writing things down... I should have some pics to post soon

Casanova

If I were doing it, I'd get the wiring diagrams for both the loom I was using and the engine. Perhaps the car itself as well if that's different as well, by the sounds of it. Then you just need to systematically match each wire from the engine to the correct place in the loom for the car. Matching up the codes on paper would make doing it in practice less daunting.

§

d-9

Try having a look on the 106 rallye register, there should be some info on the GTI loom.

Guest cabrowly

Cheers Guys, I'll give it a go

Sign in to follow this