• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Neat Auto's Trim

chrisj21

hi guys and girls!!

i was just after a bit of info regarding neat auto's products.

are they any good ig quality,colour?

ive had a good look through the forum and a few people have comented about the bumpers being good quality but what about the side trim and inserts?

any comments would be much appreciated

cheers!!!!

Super Josh

The side trims and inserts come in genuine Pug packaging. So good enough :ph34r:

Josh

boombang

any idea on prices>?

taylorspug

Ive had a rear bumper from them before that was both the wrong colour and fitted badly, so its best to check with them you are getting genuine parts before you order.

Most of their stuff does seem to come in Pug packaging though, so id say they were pretty good. :ph34r:

Super Josh

I believe the side trim and inserts are OE. But the bumpers are copies.

Josh

chrisj21

thanks for the reply's guys,

price's seem pretty resonable so can't fault that im just a bit weary as im spending about £2000 on a respray so i want it to be right when i fit the bumpers and trim.

check out the website for prices but you have to order over the phone as there website is down.

also it says on there website that the 205 cataloge is suspended but this is just due to the website not working.

cheers!!!!

GLPoomobile

I would expect the trim inserts to be genuine OE as I'm not aware of anyone else making them.

I've got two complete sets on order and I'll be calling them tomorrow to get an ETA on them. They said last Sat that if they had any problems getting them in then they'd have to order them from france.

DrSarty
I've got two complete sets on order

;)

And £2g on a respray! :ph34r: Either it includes a 'foot massage' from Carmen Electra, it's a really s*it-hot respray OR you're being had. RAF GTi (Steve) just got his done in Oxfordshire for half that!

Might be worth a PM my friend unless you're already committed.

Regards

DrS :wacko:

chrisj21

yea probably should have mentioned that the respray is actually a total strip down from a running car as the space im going to be rebuilding it in wont be available until july and wanted the up and running for a road trip to france in december.

so it actually includes full strip down

repair all dings and a big dent!!!

respray

and store the shell and parts for a month so i didnt think it was that bad????

cheers!!!!

chrisj21

oh and he also sprays all the bodies for noble so cant be bad????

kyunis

Just ordered some trims for my side wings, and bumber, but will not post bumper trims anymore. Will only supply bumper trim if ordered with bumper, as they say many get damaged on their own in transit. So will be collection only for the bumper trims :(

GLPoomobile
Just ordered some trims for my side wings, and bumber, but will not post bumper trims anymore. Will only supply bumper trim if ordered with bumper, as they say many get damaged on their own in transit. So will be collection only for the bumper trims :(

I got a call this morning to say my two sets are in. I was at the bus stop at the time so forgot to ask what the actual price is so need to call them back later.

When I bought a set of chrome trim from Pug years ago, it all came in one massive flat box. I'd imagine that the bumper inserts must come in this as surely Neat will need to store them and won;t want them getting bashed about. So I think it's more a limitation of the postal cost.

Give them a call back and ask them if the trim is in a box and if they'd be prepared to post it anyway, but be warned that it won't be cheap!

Super Josh

Yep, the bimper trims come in a flat box

Josh

DrSarty
bimper

:( - You sound like the bogus French Gendarme in 'Allo 'Allo there mate :D

:D

GLPoomobile

DR S

My two kits are ready to pick up - 1 for my 1.6 and 1 for my new car. I'll take the bits you need off the new car as discussed, this weekend, and then we can arrange a time and place to meet up etc.

kyunis

"forgot to ask what the actual price is" its £8.00 posted for both side wing trims.

I called them back re: the bumper trims, they will post but may come damaged as they have had some returned. Thats the only risk .

has anyone has the bumper trims posted , and have they arrived o.k?

GLPoomobile
"forgot to ask what the actual price is" its £8.00 posted for both side wing trims.

I called them back re: the bumper trims, they will post but may come damaged as they have had some returned. Thats the only risk .

has anyone has the bumper trims posted , and have they arrived o.k?

This is a risk because it is a basic, flattish cardboard box, and the trim is so flimsy.

You could try arranging your own courier, and pay a bit extra for cover in case of damage during transit. I don;t really know anything about using couriers but I'm sure this must be possible.

Or why not see if there is anyone on the forum who perhaps has a journey planned that would allow them to pick it up for you and deliver it up North?

kyunis

I may be going myself to slough, 7 miles form where they are in a fortnight, so once i know for definite, i will post a thread and ask if anyone wants any parts.

GLPoomobile

I'd order the parts ASAP then, just to be sure.

I ordered my trim last Sat, so bearing in mind the Easter holiday and that it arrived today, it's not too bad, but if they have to get it from France then it will take longer.

Super Josh
:) - You sound like the bogus French Gendarme in 'Allo 'Allo there mate ;)

^_^

Rich, I just spat my beer out reading that, you tart :D I'm usually so good at re reading my poests and cheacking thot the speeeling is koorect.

Josh

PS

We must sort out out Xbox night, I'll drop you a PM

DrSarty
I'll take the bits you need off the new car as discussed, this weekend, and then we can arrange a time and place to meet up etc.

Bonus ;) Come for a curry with us Monday night here in Beaconsfield. I'll cover your petrol/train fare or a meal. Thread here: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...view=getnewpost

Alternatively I can drive somewhere to collect.

Choose curry :)

Edited by DrSarty

pug_ham
Just ordered some trims for my side wings, and bumber, but will not post bumper trims anymore. Will only supply bumper trim if ordered with bumper, as they say many get damaged on their own in transit. So will be collection only for the bumper trims :ph34r:

They (the courier) still managed to damage one of the trims I ordered from them a year or more ago when it was sent with a new bumper.

Neat said they'd refund me for it but I'm not sure if they ever did. :ph34r:

Graham.

Sign in to follow this