• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Super Josh

Mi16, Which Lower Engine Mount?

Super Josh

I've been running a solid lower mount on my Mi, but I'm getting fed up with the vibration at idle ( old age kicking in, don't you know :lol: )

I am running a maniflow style exhaust manifold and wondered what mounts/experiences others have had?

Can I get away with a standard mount? Or a standard mount turned through 90 degrees, to stiffen it up a bit? Any other suggestions?

Josh

Mikey G

Solid i assume you mean the hard rubber mount and not an alloy block instead? If it is the rubber one drill a few holes in it to soften it up :lol:

pug_life

i'm trying my group N mounts on my mi16 this week...

They weren't that shakey on the 8v so i don't see too much difference..

old age josh, get a 405 mi16 instead :lol:

Alastairh

I understand what your saying as your becoming an old git :)

Wouldn't a 406 Dt one or similar be a good bet?

Quick search should find an answer for the one to go for :lol:

tom_m

xantia turbo FTW :lol:

Super Josh
xantia turbo FTW :lol:

According to Uncle Miles, Pug told him that the turbo one is no different to any other mount. Which is what you would expect from a big comfy cruiser, unless it's because of the Torque :). Tom, does your XM mount look any different to a standard one?

Josh

Edited by Super Josh

James_m

Ive got the xantia turbo one and it is certainly different to the old 205 one. My car is work in progress at the moment, so i cant really comment how well it controls engine movement.

Mikey G

My Xantia turbo has quite a bit of engine rock, similair to a standard GTi by the looks. but it has upper rubber donut mounts aswell as the lower unit to steady it a bit more i assume.

jackherer
According to Uncle Miles, Pug told him that the turbo one is no different to any other mount.

Peugeot have pretty much no idea about Peugeot parts so its pushing it expecting them to know about Citroen parts as well :lol::)

jackherer
My Xantia turbo has quite a bit of engine rock, similair to a standard GTi by the looks. but it has upper rubber donut mounts aswell as the lower unit to steady it a bit more i assume.

All Activas I've driven/owned have had knackered engine mounts so its worth replacing yours if you have a lot of engine movement.

16v205

I had a xantia turbo mount that was different to the normal xu jobbie, but after spending a few hours annoying the local citroen dealers we couldnt find a similar replacement.

Rich

Mikey G
All Activas I've driven/owned have had knackered engine mounts so its worth replacing yours if you have a lot of engine movement.

I'd be surprised at 55k that my mounts are knackered, when i say it rocks i'm comparing it to a solidly mounted engine, it doesnt seem as soft as most but still moves around a bit. My Mi16 had knackered mounts, now that moved around a lot :lol:

I have no intention of chaging much on this engine untill it finds its way out of the car :)

jackherer
I'd be surprised at 55k that my mounts are knackered,

my last activa had very knackered mounts when I got it on 61k with FSH (I bought it off a friend who got it when it was on 44k and it was fine then).

Sign in to follow this