• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

A Few Plugs Missing On Phase 2 Mi16

acox99

rebuilt our engine, and got a few spare plugs, can anyone help us, there all near the flywheel sensor, has anyone got a wiring diagram for this engine?

these are the plug numbers, its an xu10j4

c017

m162

cheers ali

Mikey G

Oil level, water temp, water temp (ecu) and water temp (aircon) all spring to mind around that area.

Check around the back of the thermostat block for some sensors.

acox99

the car doesnt have aircon so can rule that one out,but will check the rest.

Edited by acox99

acox99

P4110005.jpg

P4110006.jpg

these are the affending plugs/wires.

cheers

Mikey G

I have seen the white plug loose on several cars, i cant see enough of the others to make them out.

DrSarty

I hope this is not a dumb question (BTW I did my own Mi conversion so have some experience here) but does the engine run? If yes, then do any dials not work? This seems a logical approach to me. If your cars already a runner and the dials read OK forget about them. If it doesn't turn over for example then one wire's likely to be to the solenoid. If it turns but doesn't fire up it's likely to be a wire for the ECU, and there's only seperate wires for the ECU for the switched live, rev counter (a dial wire so wouldn't stop it running) and an earth IIRC.

But I feel they are either for the instruments or surplus IMHO.

Alternatively, or additionally, if possible trace each wire back as suggested earlier to its origin, e.g. a sensor on the block. Posting a picture of the sensor it's attached to will certainly be easier to ID than a wire.

Rich :ph34r:

Edited by DrSarty

Sign in to follow this