• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

Side Repeaters

James_m

Did a search on this, but could'nt find anything particuarly helpfull, it seems nobody else has had this problem before :lol:

Basically, i have no side repeaters! either using the stalks, or hazard warning light switch, they do nothing.

All the bulbs are intact, and im getting no power at them.

Ive tried taking the relay in and out but its not helping.

So what controls the side repeaters and how can i fix them?

Cheers James.

pugrallye

do you mean side repeaters as in indicators, or just the wing repeaters??

there is a link loom from the front indicator bulbs which splices into it check your connections

If you have no indicators full stop, normally the stalk goes up the swanny, but its linked into the hazard light switch relay, so substitute for known good ones, also check your fuses

Edited by pugrallye

James_m

Sorry, i dont really know what im on about, yeah im talking about the indicators on the wings.

The link loom thing sounds intresting.... i'll go take a look at that

jackherer

The side repeaters are wired in as an afterthought, they are just spurred off the front indicator wiring so if the fronts work and the sides don't there isn't that much wiring to check :lol:

Sounds like you're doing the final details for the MOT now, whats left to do?

James_m

Didnt have them connected :lol: had the side repeater wiring looped to itself. But being a peugeot i now have perfectly fine right hand side indicators, but now a fast speed on the left rear and nothing on the left front and wing indicator! There is no power at the plug of those front 2.

Btw the wiring is quite poorly soldered on the stalk, but i dont think thats the problem as the relay is seeing the power clearly with its enthusiastic clicking!

Im sort of getting it ready for the MOT in a way.... but it has loads of problems still.

Done about 30miles so far, and the engine feels good, but i have a very bad PAS leak (i'll start a thread on that later) torque steer is plain scary (old/new wishbone mismatch suspected),

exhaust still needs sorting(managed to get it it to fit just about by bending it where it hit on the exhaust tunnel with a hammer and chisel :) ) but it knocks the car so is going to need to be sorted, otherwise, its not looking to bad and nice to be in a 205 again! :)

Plus, Mi16's are rather fast arent they.... this one feels stronger at every point in the rev range than a 1.9 8v, not just at the top end.

jackherer

Is the earth by the left side headlight all OK? Fast flashing is normal when the relay has less load due to fewer working bulbs.

If its torque steering due to a dodgy wishbone then it'll probably fail the mot so thats worth sorting first.

Plus, Mi16's are rather fast arent they.... this one feels stronger at every point in the rev range than a 1.9 8v, not just at the top end.

I imagine yours is rather nice having been rebuilt, it certainly sounded good :lol:

James_m

Earth appears to be good, the head lights work fine anyway.

The exhaust does'nt seal very well due to only haveing 1 downpipe bolt at the minute,(my floor was too oily to mess around putting it in :lol: )but its not that noisy, but when you hit about 5k it does go up a DB or 2..., induction noise is rather nice too :)

jackherer

You might find the exhaust bangs less with the other bolt in.. :lol:

As for the indicators, are you SURE there isn't power at the plug? some digital multimeters dont sample fast enough to see the pulsing voltage, try it on a working one to check.

pugrallye
If its torque steering due to a dodgy wishbone then it'll probably fail the mot so thats worth sorting first.

Car SHOULD not fail MOT on a worn bush, has to be literally hanging off, its normally a statutory advisement, but its all down to the testers interpretation of the bible if you have any issues just ring the VOSA helpline, they normally sway to customers way anyway.

And you want to be checking the main 2 pin plug going into the link loom for power/ corrosion as thats where your problem will be (basically if you completly removed the link loom, it would be the brown plug left over you would assume to put into nearside front indicator)

Edited by pugrallye

jackherer
Car SHOULD not fail MOT on a worn bush

I meant the ball joint.

pugrallye

ball joints are vague area depends on amount of play etc, normally applies as above, but testers are a bit funny on them sometimes

Edited by pugrallye

James_m

Incredibly odd, i traced the wiring down to the side repeater loom, as when the power was connected directly to the indicater itself it was working. Tried swopping the side repeater bulbs left to right and everything now works! Ive thought about it but can come up with no logical explanation, just a pug thing i guess!

Cheers, for all the advice!

James.

Sign in to follow this