• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smartshark

205 Power Hood (with No Power)

Guest Smartshark

Hi,

I finally got the time today to get the CTI out of the garage. It started fine and everything seemed ok since it was parked up a few months ago.

Apart from the power hood which seems dead. It worked fine until now so I am wondering where should I start looking as the haynes manual does not seem to have a fault finding section for the power hood.

Is there a fuse I should check first and if so where is it?.

then what?.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

1.9 CTI

GTI6BOY

first things first, unplug the cable off the pump and test if you have power down the line

steve@cornwall
Hi,

I finally got the time today to get the CTI out of the garage. It started fine and everything seemed ok since it was parked up a few months ago.

Apart from the power hood which seems dead. It worked fine until now so I am wondering where should I start looking as the haynes manual does not seem to have a fault finding section for the power hood.

Is there a fuse I should check first and if so where is it?.

then what?.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

1.9 CTI

This may help,

forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=58149&hl=power+hood

Edited by steve@cornwall

Guest Smartshark

Thanks problem/mystery solved.

I was sure one red light had to be on and thought it was the handbrake light. With the engine off and oil light on it all works fine. I kept it running when I tried at the weekend as the battery was not at its best after the layoff

It is not just the car that suffers over a winter.

Now I will get to use it for a few weeks before it goes to my brothers for a month or so for a full mechanical overhaul. It is in very good condition but I am not a mechanic and I just want it given a clean bill of health ready for a few trips to local club meets and shows.

Plus I put my order in for a new S2000 today which is due in mid May.

Thanks and see you around.

Paul

Phil H

oil pressure switch earths the system...

"STOP" light needs to be on on instrument panel.

GTI6BOY

my stop light has never worked since owning the car but the hood has always worked ????

kate205gti

engine cant be running and mine also failed when the fuse went - its the same fuse that does the interior light thou so if it fails again check that :wacko:

Sign in to follow this