• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scrapy

Remote Central Locking

Guest Scrapy

Anyone know how to go about fixing the remote central locking on a 1992 1.6. I changed the batteries and the light comes on in the remote but the car wont open with it?

pete1986

I had the same problem with mine. Try taking the cover off the dome next to reading light and clean inside

Guest Scrapy

Hate to ask such a cak question but cant seem to work out how to get the dome out? Tried to take the whole casing down but cudnt do that either. Pulled out all the lites and only found 1 screw. I gave it a bit of a pull but scared tho break it. Non sunroof. Thanks :D

Guest Scrapy
Hate to ask such a cak question but cant seem to work out how to get the dome out? Tried to take the whole casing down but cudnt do that either. Pulled out all the lites and only found 1 screw. I gave it a bit of a pull but scared tho break it. Non sunroof. Thanks :D

Ignore that msg. got it off and cleaned it but no good. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Phil H

connections on the blue plug to the roof console have corroded?

Remove connector and clean them up.

mossy

Sorry to Hijack

I would like to return my motor back to standard and want use the original remote central locking. I don't have the blipper but the roof mounted electrics are still there. Can you get a new blipper programmed to work the central locking? and where from??

I have a cobra fitted which does it at the mo but the alarm plays up so I'm going to rip it out. (I have a cat 1 seperate immobiliser fitted)

Cheers Al

Phil H

you can get the original receiver working, so long as it has the 5 digit code on it still, be like 45678 AD for example...then quote code to dealer who will get you a new remote, or like mine it has it in the key on a button.

Costs about £55 for a new remote though.

mossy

So will the code be marked on the electronics in the roof consoul?

Cheers

Al

Guest harry snotter

think mines is the same

Phil H
So will the code be marked on the electronics in the roof consoul?

Cheers

Al

on a small label on the outer casing.

mossy

Cheers Philip

I'll look into it.

Al.

Sign in to follow this