• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Cheap Shift Light

sonofsam

After fitting a boost guage and digi tacho in my standard clocks. I wondered what else could be

crammed in there too :)

Maybe the idea of a shift light is a little overkill for my road car, but thought alot

of the track people might be interested in these:

http://www.speedspecialty.com/store/view_p...duct=rptrshftlt

@ $90 delivered I think thats a very good price, and the reveiws seem good. :P

Sam.

Baz

Not bad, although i prefer a gradual multi-light item myself. :)

d-9

Ive always wonderd what the point of these is, as I generally decide when to change gear by listening to the engine and feeling how hard the car is accelerating, not by looking at the rev counter. Would've thought a bright light flashing at me would be distracting.

Edited by d-9

sonofsam

Yes I can see your point, may become distracting. I think its one of those

products that has crossed over from the race world into the mainstream.

I guess in a race enviroment, were you dont have time to look at the rev counter

or were other racers engine noises may cause distraction, an indication in your periphal

vision may be handy for knowing when to shift and stay in the power band.

Jrod

You could set it at the very limit of the rev range so if ever you are pushing it a bit to hard and it comes on you know you really have to shift. ;)

taylorspug

I use one on my MI, an Omex sequential jobbie. Bloody useful too, and its not really that distracting, in the end if it didnt distract you a bit you wouldnt see it! Mine has three different colour lights too, green yellow and red, makes it even easier. :)

sonofsam

Must admit I am quite tempted, it would prove usefull in my Turbo as their is no point going above

a certain rev :( and it is my birthday soon :(

Guest harry snotter

superb , been looking for one of these

sonofsam

Cool! Well I have one on order(cheers Mum), so can let you know the quality. Once I get it installed along

with my tacho that is :ph34r:

It worked out to be £41 delivered, but they wanted an extra $25 for a blue one, so I went for green (For GO, lol)

Sign in to follow this