• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazRallye

For Those Who Have Fitted A 4 Branch

GazRallye

At the join where the mani meets the exhaust centre section, is there a gasket in there that will need to be changed when swopping from a standard to a 4 branch? or will smearing a load of exhaust paste be up to the job?

cheers

welshpug

depends which 4 branch and what type joint it is.

GazRallye

Its one designed for an AX and i have no idea what make it is

Basically the curve around the subframe isn't there on an AX one so this will have to be chopped from the old standard one and welded onto the new one.

So i suppose my question should be is there a gasket on a standard one as where the mani meets the exhaust, the standard piece will still exist.

hengti

what does the joint look like - any chance of a piccie?

with the magnex four branch (for example), it's just a sleeve fit

GazRallye

Haven't got it off yet, i just want to know in advance so i don't take it to pieces then realise theres something i need and have to fanny around trying to chase parts

macaroni

Yes, there is a mesh metal doughnut shaped thing that is actually quite expensive, for what it is. It should squash to form the seal.

I have some old ones kicking around if you can't get hold of one.

GazRallye

Cheers, are they re useable then or does that depend on the condition, by the looks of things the centre section of my exhust is pretty new.

Just wondering what you mean by old ones, as in they've been used and are still ok?

macaroni

They are re-usable to a certain extent. IF they get too squashed then they don't seal.

They have been used, not sure how OK they are as I had to get a new one to make my CSC 4 branch seal. They may be OK for another make though. If you can get a new one, go for that. Any good exhaust place should have them.

GazRallye

Thanks i'll see if i can get a new one somewhere like kwik fit

johnnyboy666

you can get a rubber version from halfrauds for about 79p its the same size ( and no they dont melt :))

macaroni

I got mine from a local motor factors.

Rubber one? Sounds better than the mesh one in that it might not retain it's squashed shape.

stu_woac

if you buy the kit I.e bolts springs for that joint the gasket is also supplied was cheap I'm sure it was, Rubber sounds no good to me sure its not a polyurethane type of thing, I could see a rubber gasket lasting a minute on my car, the heat paint only lasted 6mins LOL my exhaust gets very hot

Edited by stu_woac

johnnyboy666

well u could get the whole kit off ebay but there about £25 i think, the rubber thing ive got is all good so far after a few months usage ( it could be PU but i cant remember just quite harb rubberish sort of jobby)

Jrod

The proper gasket only cost me about 5er from my local motor factors.

Sign in to follow this