• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
les3002

Dp-engineering 8v Turbo Manifold

les3002

just wondering if anyone has fitted one of these to a rhd 205 not sure what the clearance would be like with the servo and m/c suppose i could always use a pedal box.

certainly looks like a nice manifold and at a reasonable price aswell

love_coll_v2_rvs_21.jpg

inferno

my manifold is very similar, and yes a pedal box is pretty much a must have to allow turbo and pipework to fit. also im going to mount my mc's with the pipes facing down, its really very tight otherwise. a t3 hits the servo, a t4 has no chance of fitting.

Gerben may be able to tell u if my manifold and the dp one are far out flange to flange wise as he made mine. theres a link somewhere to a large thread about these manifolds if you search or wait for some1 else to post it!!

TEKNOPUG

Is it just an optical illusion but is the bonnety actually gonna close over that?!

pug_life

if you think how the engine tilts the tip of the turbo is level with rocker cover...

TomM has fitted his i believe and clearance is tight but its fine on stock bay layout....

bales

As far as I am aware no-one over here has one, however they do fit rhd 205's as I spoke to Pieter Oonincx from DP regarding this.

Tom_M has a 205 parts manifold I think, I am intending to buy one of these when I have got my engine in and running.

pug_life

are yes correct bales, my error!

inferno

they fit fine under the bonnet, the issues are the MC and pipework in the way of the intake, and the compressor housing may hit the servo, but DP may have pics if you were to email them in a RHD engine bay.

should it contact the servo, search for a t3/t3 external wastegate adapter on ebay, cut a wedge out of it, and u should be able to move the turbo up, forward and at a better angle to fit with standard servo.

tom_m
TomM has fitted his i believe and clearance is tight but its fine on stock bay layout....

Tom_M has a 205 parts manifold I think, I am intending to buy one of these when I have got my engine in and running.

bzzzt, you're both wrong in fact, mine is a genuine late casting TT manifold

in fact, here's a sneaky peek at the bad boy dry fitted :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/the_...ff/DSC00180.jpg

inferno

tom how on earth is that going to fit?!!?!

James_R

I'll get the hammer :)

les3002

personally i wouldnt want another tt manifold, such a pita to do anything with the turbo, they also dont exactly look brilliant for flow.

im thinking ill probably get the dp one and just go pedal box if i cant get it to fit with the normal setup.

inferno

flows not what worrys me, more like burnt out bulkhead !!! better suited to a bx 2litre turbo conversion i think...

les3002

nothing a heatshield wouldnt fix, thing is though the more the flow is restricted the more heat is created before it even gets to the turbo..

Edited by les3002

bales
flows not what worrys me, more like burnt out bulkhead !!! better suited to a bx 2litre turbo conversion i think...

I thought you said you had an early prototype of this manifold hence why there is some clearance issues, there is the love collector v1 and v2, the v2 being the better designed more compact design.

As I said I spoke to pieter specifically about this issue with m/c clearance and he told me that it is not an issue at all.

I personally think that it would be fine and that you will gain a big chunk in horsepower from using one of them as they are soooooo much better than the restrictive xu10 manifolds (if that is what engine it is for)

When DP used to sell their turbo kit as the xu10cjte upgrade package with a gt25 it was called the "250" I guess there must have been a reason for that :rolleyes:

inferno

group buy on v2 love collectors then? maybe when my tax rebate comes through :rolleyes:

TEKNOPUG

The XU10 manifolds are definitely restrective. Haven't seen any comparison power runs with TT/Love on the same engine, so can't comment for sure. Certainly plenty of TT's have run in excess of 230bhp in the past. So I guess it depends upon what your ultimate power goal is.

bales
group buy on v2 love collectors then?

DEAL! :rolleyes:

vern

I reckon 250 would be very achievable with the TT manifold, with a better intercooler. As i got 230 easily with under a bar, only intake temps stopped any further gains.

When I say TT manifold I mean TT style as I actually use a 205 parts one.

Edited by vern

inferno

what injecters did u use on the xu10 turbo with tt style manifold for 230 bhp and what tourque figures just outta intrest?

vern

Sorry did not make it clear I am using a 1.9 gti engine, just posting my experiences of the TT style manifold. I would imagine similar results would be had with the Xu10 engine though.

I am running 330cc injectors and getting 234lbft torque

Sam

Who's gonna be first to wack a GT25-40/GT2876R on an 8v then.... ?

IMG_1196.jpg

vern

Someone has already put a GT28 on an 8v. Cant think of thier name, something like pug309. I was thinking about doing it but could not be bothered with all the fitting problems. I think there was a thread about it as well.

tom_m
Someone has already put a GT28 on an 8v. Cant think of thier name, something like pug309. I was thinking about doing it but could not be bothered with all the fitting problems. I think there was a thread about it as well.

that was nick and his turbo was the same model i am using, the gt2560r (formerly know as the gt28r until garrett decided to confuse us all by re-classifying their product range ^_^ )

the turbo sam is talking about is fapping huge!

Sign in to follow this