• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Oil Pressure Switch Removal

dch1950

Hi all,

this is a handy hint for removal of the above switch.This switch being blocked for access by the alternator and the inlet manifold of my 1.6. A basin spanner does the job perfectly.

This saved removal of alternator to get a wrench/spanner in.

regrds

Dave :)

Mikey G

Basin spanner?

jackherer

Nice one :blush:

I cut a spanner in half with an angle grinder to change that sensor on Mi16s without having to take anything off but your method is a bit more sensible :)

jim21070

Basin Spanners ("Croswsfoot" Wrenches) are in my experience pretty useless for their intended job so it is good to see they really do have a purpose in life :)

I replaced mine a few months ago and simply slipped a deeepish socket over it. I cannot recall it being a mission at all really but then mine is non PAS and has reasonable access in that area.

Edited by jim21070

dch1950
Basin spanner?

Sorry mate, it's a plumbers tool for tightening up the taps of a washbasin and is a multiwrench with 2 joints.

Dave

Mikey G

I try to stay away from home diy lol :)

DirtyFlare

Aren't they as known as "water pump pilars" ? although i work for the water industry i dont have a pair :)

dch1950
I try to stay away from home diy lol :)

Me too, but you've got to get to the DIY supercentre somehow !>*&^

:blush:

dch1950
Aren't they as known as "water pump pilars" ? although i work for the water industry i dont have a pair :)

HI,

no, water pump pliers are are a basic set of long handled grips (serrated round edge jaws)

OOps I feel a Plumbing rush coming on.!!

Dave

tom_m

i used a screw driver and a hammer :blush: couple of light taps and it was finger tight :)

Edp

Tom you wrote eactly what I was thinking, although basin spanners are good advice :)

Edited by Edp

dch1950
Tom you wrote eactly what I was thinking, although basin spanners are good advice :)

Hi Guys,

I agree with you entirely ( I am from the casing in the oven, bearing in the freezer school of engineering )

I was offering a genral point of assistance as we're not all made of money.Practical Mechanics- !

best wishes

Dave

Sign in to follow this