• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Smigzy

Fuel Pump Power...

Smigzy

First off, ive searched and this has been covered a few times but...

;) the car (F reg 1.6 GTi) cut out on me on Saturday with the culprit being no power to the fuel pump. I wired it to a 12v direct from the fuse board and it started pumping. This was obv. a short term fix but i now need to get it sorted.

I checked all the fuses, all the relays (in the fuse box), the black tachy relay next to the ecu, the green relay at the rear right (as you look at it) of the engine bay (dont know what it is but saw it on a post on here, it seemed fine LOL), and all the wiring behind the N/S headlight. I had a look in the haynes jokebook but im struggling to work out the wiring diagram, i know its probably staring right at me. :wacko:

Ive recently fitted a k&n, rad, samco hoses so i may have disturbed a loose connection at some point? Could it be a bad earth?

Could i just wire it to the ignition with an in line fuse in it?

I'd really like to try and fix it myself without taking it to the garage again, this thing is costing me a fortune.

Thanks in advance!!

pugrallye

you need to check your output from the tachymetric relay (wire 76) which runs from the relay, to the fuse box (fuse 14) then back to the fuel pump so trace backwards from the relay and you will find your problem, not adviseable to run wire from ignition even though it will solve the problem, its a bit of a cop out and your fuel pump will permanently run when your ignition is switched on (ie if your parked waiting for the missus to finish shoe shopping and you have the radio on lol)

Smigzy
(ie if your parked waiting for the missus to finish shoe shopping and you have the radio on lol)

LOL you have no idea how true that is! :)

Thanks for that mate, will test it tonight and see what i can find.

Sign in to follow this