• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jonny Martin

205 Oil Filling Help!

Guest Jonny Martin

Right, finished lowering the rear of my new 205 today :wacko: .

however the oil was a little low so we decided to top it up abit (i know i should just do a full change) but when we poured the oil into the filler cap it just fills up the cap and dosent drain into the sump, but the dipstick still reads low/empty, any idea's?

many thanks.

Jonny

DamirGTI

Hi !

Plugged oil filer pipe feed to block me thinks ;) maybee choken with fallen bits from wire mesh in the filler cap .. clean that pipe which goes from oil filler cap to block :wacko:

Cheers

Damir

Baz

And completely remove the wire mesh from the cap, and filler body!! Nasty stuff!!

Did you try poking the dipstick down the filler gently to see if this relieved the flow, indicating a blockage?

matty_gti

Deffinatly a blockage there, same happend to me untill i saw that the pipe in question just above the starter was flat as a pancake and had a slit in it, replaced it right away and now no probs.

Guest Jonny Martin

I did try poke the dipstick down but with no luck, i think il take the pipe off and clean it out, i have to admit to been rather confused at first!

M_R_205

what exactly is that wire mesh for, when i replaced all them breather/filler hoses with alloy ones on my mi16 i noticed the mesh was in the main body, not the cap :S

Sy_

Someone may correct me on this but I think it was intended to trap some condensation/emulsification, though hilariously it tends to drop rotting bits of rusted steel into the oilways!

M_R_205
Someone may correct me on this but I think it was intended to trap some condensation/emulsification, though hilariously it tends to drop rotting bits of rusted steel into the oilways!

haha i think i will be leaving it out then!!!!!

mogsman

I know of someone who had bits of the mesh in their oil and thought that the engine was knackered. The car was soon sold, which was a pity.

Ian

Sign in to follow this