• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longfield

15" Wheels & Brakes...

Longfield

Just a couple of general questions as I want to get bigger discs under my 15" wheels. My wheels at the moment are O15x7 Z Superleggera's and the brakes I'm running are 262mm Alcon forest spec discs and 4 pot calipers [version 1 so i'm told] from the 205 challenge.

1. The inside diamter of the 15" OZ's is approx. 315mm [give or take a couple of mills] according to my measurements. Does the inside diameter of other 15" wheels vary by much? Such as compomotive 5/6 spoke motorsport wheels?

2. From the outside edge of my caliper to the inside diameter of my wheels is 20mm. What is the minimum clearance I should have between the two? - as fitting bigger discs will no doubt reduce this clearance

3. Does anyone use the newer Alcon 4 pots and are they any smaller than the original ones used on the 205 challenge?

Just to satisfy anyones curiosity as to why I want bigger discs, this is a track car only and the other day I was an exige running larger discs [i think it had 280mm as standard] and given that it weighed in at a similar figure to my 205, the amount by which it could outbrake my was astounding even though I'm using Mintex F4R pads.

Thank you all for your help!

Longfield.

engine killer

I had been using the Compomotive 16x7 MO which my AP Racing's CP5200 and 315mmX28mm fitted perfectly.

Since ther is not much choice for good rubber for trackday, I switched to Team Dynamics Racing - Pro Race 1 15x7J. These wheels give very good clearance for my AP and 304mmX28mm without too much modification, just 5.5mm off the calipers' bridge.

I could still keep the 315mm disc but i have to file off quite a lot from the calipers' edges/corners which i do not want to.

Longfield

Thanks mate. This is good info.

Sign in to follow this