• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Foltan

Plastic Welding

Foltan

I'm really keen to fit a 309 front bumper after seeing the pics of paintguy's but a bit unsure about the cut-n-shut process. im not useless at bodywork (filler etc) but still dont know if this is too much of a task to do myself.

are there many places that would plastic weld the bumper for me or do i just need to ask bodyshops if they happen to have the equipment?

is there maybe another approach i could take to fixing the bumper together?

i really love this bumper but dont know how complicated its going to be!! :)

Paintguy

Have you seen the pictures of how I did it? There aren't that many, but it should give you an idea of the process involved.

Try having a chat with some local bodyshops and see if they can plastic weld. I'm sure you could do the measuring and cutting yourself, then just leave them to stitch it back together for you :wacko:

It's a pity you're so far away as I'd gladly do it for you.

Foltan

yeah i saw your original post a while ago and i know i can handle the cutting and smoothing just not the fixing together part. i think i'll just have to ask around at local bodyshops. If that fails, bring out the soldering iron and some cable ties :wacko:

;)

Hilgie

I have one and they are even better than the homemade 309 one. Several advantages: thick fibreglass, tow-eye cap removed completely, arches redone. Basically it is a mould of the one on Stefans own Griffe.

alternatengine
I have one and they are even better than the homemade 309 one. Several advantages: thick fibreglass, tow-eye cap removed completely, arches redone. Basically it is a mould of the one on Stefans own Griffe.

Sounds like it could be a purchase at respray time.!

Guest harry snotter

try frost they sell all that kit

alternatengine
try frost they sell all that kit

website/contact?

keith

hmm...having no towing hook....and a 205....bad combo :P

welshpug
hmm...having no towing hook....and a 205....bad combo :P

no its not, 205 tow eyes are made from cheeese and usually get ripped off at sight of a tow rope so any excuse not to have one is good.

saying that you wont be allowed on track without means of towing...

Sign in to follow this