• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

Yet More Knocking!

matty_gti

hi ho!, well after replacing both sets of bushes on my wish bones the car doesnt try and jump into walls and ditches etc! (was very scary :ph34r: ) BUT.........

Now when driving at say 30-40 i can hear a rolling knock (quick knocking from the pass. side i think!). When i let go of the throttle and coast still in the gear it will dissapear but when i gently apply the throttle again i can hear the rolling knock again and im pretty sure i can hear the pass. side disk rotating. when goin 40mph + i can feel the knocking in the steering wheel. It knocks whatever speed somtimes quiet but mostly loud :D .

ThAnKs.

Edited by matty_gti

matty_gti

Also, i have this clunk every now and then while reversing.....dont know if its got to do with the above!?. :D

matty_gti

Right well ive wipt of my disks and pads and the knocking hsa gone (hopefully), but i can still hear a grinding noise. The car is on axle stands and ive gone threw the gears and just hear a little grinding near the box/ d'shaft?.

ThAnKs.

bitchass 205

i had a similar problem a few weeks back, turned out to be wheel bolts!!!

Although i do now have a clunking noise, which is getting worse, from the brakes when i reverse.

Edit: see this post: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=72632

Edited by bitchass 205

Sign in to follow this