• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wicker man

Funny Dash Back Lighting Woe's

Wicker man

think aliens have been messing me around :D

took my dash out last week coz the backlights behind the oil pressure & fual gauage wernt working put new bulbs in all ok again took it out lastnight for the first time in the dark sinse replacing them bulbs now the ones on the other side were gone behind the engine temp so put new bulbs in today & still no light behind them gauages

Wicker man

anyone

hengti

only thing i can think to suggest is taking the instrument cluster out again and swapping some of the unused bulb holders around to see if that makes any difference

in my (limited) experience, as soon as you start getting trouble with the dash lights, you'll be forever taking the instrument cluster out to replace other bulbs - 'tis annoying and fiddly

Wicker man

bit of a update

just spent the last few hours playing around with it

got some more new bulbs - still no work

took known working bulbs out & put them in the holders for them gauages - still dont work

so it must be a dash fault & not a bulb fault

only thing i can get working on that side is the engine temp warning light well thats a start

i cant understand it thay were working fine then i took the dash out to replace the bulbs that were broke done that its not like i dropped it off the roof off my house or took a bath with it or nowt

dont no what to do next now apart from jump up & down on the dash

Edited by Wicker man

sonofsam

I have the same problem -_- were working fine before I took the clocks out, havent had

time to investigate yet, maybe tommorow I'll get a chance :)

hengti

this is probably a really patronising suggestion - but are you sure you've put all the plugs back in?

there are five - four biggies across the top and a smaller that goes somewhere behind the tacho

just a thought - and apols if it's an obvious one

Wicker man

not patronising at all

all the plugs are in

sonofsam

Fuse # 13 not blown?

Wicker man

ermmmm pass lmao

what fuse13 do?

sonofsam

Er, instrument panel illumination and sidelights.

jackherer

Its worth checking the dimmer dial is plugged in (and turned to full obviously! -_-)

Also there is an earth plug on the side of the steering column by the ignition barrel that might have come loose.

Sign in to follow this