• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Installation Instructions For Original Peugeot 205 Alarm!

yorkshirekowboy

hi all,

just bought a original factory fitted alarm from irish Al for a 205, now needing the installations instructions in order to fit it to my pug! anybody know where i can get installtion instructions from?

just wondering if it would be hard to fit it etc, probs be able to work it out but, incase somebody knew anything that may help me with this mission of fitting it and sorting out the wires etc.

piccy

any help ie, loctaion of the black box's where that rubber bung goes/comes from etc, all would be a help!!

thanks alot :o

wish me luck :D

jackherer

why on earth are you fitting one of them?

yorkshirekowboy
why on earth are you fitting one of them?

not sure really looks quite cool, plus it would be a good start learning in how to wire up an alarm, why are they bad? :D

just think the concept of having this old alarm in my motor makes it apealing to me thats all :o

Edited by surferkid205

Super Josh

That's a re badged MOSS MS 705 Alarm, as dealer fitted in the late 80s early 90s. I probably have a wiring diagram for one kicking around somewhere, as my 205 had one when I bought it. Give me a shout if you really are interested in fitting it and I'll dig it out. Although they are rather basic by today's standards :o

The two black boxes? One is a tilt sensor and the other is the central locking interface, I may even have a window closure interface somewhere.

Josh

Miles

Not factory at all, Just a dealer acc, Made by 'Moss' and if they worked for a yr they did very well, Had a couple on my Pug's back in the late 80's and I just turned them off when they went wrong and they all did

Might have something in the loft on them

Edited by Miles

jackherer

They're not good at all IMO. They are badged Peugeot but they are really another make with stickers on, take one apart and you'll see the actual manufacturers name inside.

The ones I've ripped out in the past have been fairly badly fitted too, they require cutting the loom, or at least thats how the ones I've seen have been fitted.

edit: too slow.. Moss is the name of the crappy company that built them :o

Edited by jackherer

yorkshirekowboy
Not factory at all, Just a dealer acc, Made by 'Moss' and if they worked for a yr they did very well, Had a couple on my Pug's back in the late 80's and I just turned them off when they went wrong and they all did

Might have something in the loft on them

its basic i want you see.

super josh if have a any instructions and the window closure interface ill defo have them, :o

miles are they poor alarms then?

Miles

Moss in the day was comparable to Amstrad or Dixon's home brew brands, Not known for quality so to be honest I wouldn't fit one and I'm amazed that one still works, In fact I think Amstrad bought them and went bust shortly afterwards.

jackherer
In fact I think Amstrad bought them and went bust shortly afterwards.

Amstrad haven't gone bust, in fact they even have televised job interviews these days :o:D

Phil H

I have the central locking interface instructions.

yorkshirekowboy
I have the central locking interface instructions.

hi mate

cool could u email me a copy if u have acess to scanner?

also mate what was ur views on this alarm? :D

Super Josh

I was slightly wrong with the model number. It was a MOSS MS735, sold as a Peugeot VAS400 :D

Josh

yorkshirekowboy
I was slightly wrong with the model number. It was a MOSS MS735, sold as a Peugeot VAS400 :D

Josh

so can anybody tell me if its worth installing this alarm?

Super Josh

No, don't bother. They were sh!te in their day, The rechargeable battery in the siren will be shot, so that will need replacing. Just get a decent good quality basic alarm, like a TOAD AI606 from Ebay and fit that yourself. Although you won't get the Thatcham certificate and hence the insurance discount that way.

Josh

Edp

Josh is right. A toad ai606 will blow that old crapper out the window. Plus you get full fitting intructions and help from us on here who have already fitted a toad.

Its a really good alarm/immobiliser and i've just got one off ebay delivered for £125.

Ed

Phil H
hi mate

cool could u email me a copy if u have acess to scanner?

also mate what was ur views on this alarm? :)

I have no idea on the alarm, as I have the central locking interface and instructions purely because it was in the boot of a car I had a while back.

send me your email address if you want a copy though.

Sign in to follow this