• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Xs Carb

Jrod

The wire that goes to it doesn't make any diff in how it runs from my experiance, I think it's just a heater for the winter?

RossD

Yep, some of the Solex carbs have a heater in the base of them.

If you can't suck air through the vacuum capsule, then they are working correctly :)

Silly suggestion: Have you verified that when you floor the accelerator the throttles are fully opening?

Might also be worth checking that the cam timing is spot on....

Marlon

The engine is fine after a while of not using it, then it randomly changes when its hot, you can feel it change - it starts to loose power accross the rev range and the only way you can do anything is by flooring it with the 2nd barrol enabled. When this happens it also wants to die when you pull up. It feels like a jet blocks but we've stripped the carb and everything is fine.

RossD

Hmm. Long shot, but it could be the transistor block attached to the dizzy starting to break down, causing a weak/no spark.

Marlon

are they available to buy do you know?

RossD

Yea, any good factors should have one. Its the flat thing bolted to the side of the dizzy, got a 3 pin plug going into it.

j_turnell

The vac advance shouldn't have that big effect even if it is faulty, does it misfire when hot or just not like to rev?

Marlon

I dont get any misfiring noises no, it jus won't rev

Sign in to follow this