• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Be3 Clutch Arm Pin

kyepan

Hi there,

So the weekend ATB installation was kind of succsessful, except for the fact I wanted to change a very leaky first motion shaft oil seal. Box came off fine, diff went in ok too, seating the bearings properly to get the spedo drive on took time but was not too hard.

However, trying to bang the pin out that holds the clutch arm onto the release fork ...thingy.. was a touch impossible.

No matter how much abuse I gave the pin with a punch and "persuader", and I gave it enough to shatter the lower plastic bearing on the clutch fork... thingy. It would not even budge, it's now rounded and domed so it won't drive through anyway, and there isn't enough clearance to get a hacksaw in to cut it down.. or enough on to get a good angle on it with a punch..

Anyone know how to get this out, as I have two new plastic bearings and new clutch arm turning up on weds?

should i try and attack it from the threaded side?

Do the threads go in a long way, if at all?

should i cut it down and loosen it from the open side?

then cut it and bang it back through?

HELP HELP HELP HELP.

Any help appreciated as the box is still off the car, and I would like to do it on thurs.

PS big shout to DRsarty for coming out and helping me all day on sat.. yet another job we can mark down as nearly done mate!

Andrwn8304

My mate works at peugeot and we talking about the bearings and bushes for the clutch fork pin. He said they normally heat the clutch fork up and then drive it out.

But to change the 2 bushes and the lower bearing he said to remove the allen stud on the clutch arm and then turn it round enough to give you clearence to change them.

However if the Clutch fork pin is rounded over there's no way you could get it out. If you can get some pics we might come up with some ideas that will move it.

kyepan

i'll get some pics tonight

Cheers

J

Miles

The threaded part is susposed to be there so you can make a type of puller with a 7mm nut and a couple of spacer's to pull the pin out, The thread is only on the outer part and not inside, But quite often this rusts in big time and I tend to cut the Cross shaft in half with a grinder and replace the hole lot, The shaft normally rust's away at the bottom so replacing it is a good idea anyway

DrSarty

'Big shout' not necessary old bean; twas a pleasure. As for the clutch arm pin - what a bitch, whichever way you look at it!

Kyepan's Quaife LSD is nice though - wish I had one. :D

Rich

Hilgie

put two 7mm nuts on and use a crowbar to get it out.

kyepan

nice one Hilgie, i'll try that!

thanks also miles :D

ps those gear linkages i bought off you a while back will be finally going on!

Edited by kyepan

kyepan

40 quid for a new clutch fork, new plastic bearings, and clutch arm / pin from pug.

angle grinded the other fork in two to remove, and fitted the new ten minutes.

easy peasy.

tom_m

do you/does anyone have the part numbers for these bits. i need them asap and want to ring pug from work to see if they can order them for me.

cheers

pug_ham
do you/does anyone have the part numbers for these bits. i need them asap and want to ring pug from work to see if they can order them for me.

No picture but most of the parts are listed on here;

http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/2/21C22A.HTM

You can get the bushes from peugeotparts also.

Graham.

fletch

Could you not have got some very tight grips on there and pulled it out?

Richie-Van-GTi

I always try to replace with the later style pin as found on the 306dturbo boxes. Its just a slide in pin with a spring that clips over and holds it secure. Doddle to remove when required then :wacko:

Sign in to follow this