• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben19gti

Colour Coded Trim!

Guest ben19gti

Has anybody got pics of a standard white gti with colour coded trim all the way round cant get pics of the 1 on the drivers car page i went tru evry single car pleaz help

sonofsam

Yes I have a picture of one! I will upload on one condition though, please stop using that terrible txt speak :D

BERTMAN

theres only 2 words of 'txt speak' there lol.. dont be harsh :D

GLPoomobile
theres only 2 words of 'txt speak' there lol.. dont be harsh :P

A harsh word now could prevent a habit forming ^_^

white 205's with white colour coded trim looks truly gash. That's just my opinion of course, but never the less, it does :P You can get away with colour coding with some colours (Maxi's FLA being an example that springs to mind), but it doesnt work with white. You go from having one of the best colours for the GTi, to something that looks monumentally cheap in one fell swoop :D

sonofsam

I dont think I was being that harsh, just trying some friendly bartering

You scratch my back... :blush:

The picture I have makes them look OK'ish :D

jackherer
theres only 2 words of 'txt speak' there lol.. dont be harsh :blush:

Four actually :D

Has anybody got pics of a standard white gti with colour coded trim all the way round cant get pics of the 1 on the drivers car page i went tru evry single car pleaz help

BERTMAN

i never said i could count :D lol, ah well back on topic... i dont think white trim on white GTi works well either

Guest ben19gti

Always been used to texting speak really but because i'm not thet good at navigating around a keyboard when i've had 1 joint too many :)

So i just resort to whats quick and simple. Why all the fuss anyway you all know what they mean?

jackherer
Why all the fuss anyway you all know what they mean?

Not all of our members speak English as a first language, and even for those that do text speak isnt as understandable as you seem to think.

Guest ben19gti
Not all of our members speak English as a first language, and even for those that do text speak isnt as understandable as you seem to think.

Fair comment didnt reallise there were many overseas members and ones that cant speak or read english its an english site or am i wrong :)

feb
Fair comment didnt reallise there were many overseas members and ones that cant speak or read english its an english site or am i wrong :)

It is english indeed that's why we write in english, not text dialect ;)

GLPoomobile

If you post something that is badly written, the person reading it may struggle to understand the point, get the wrong idea, or just give up reading what you have written. Doesn't really matter if English is their native language or not.

So if you ask a technical question and don't get many replies, consider if what you have written is actually digestible! This doesn't just go for text speak.

Some of us may have dyslexia, some just generally bad with grammar, and others (like me) type badly or too fast, so we miss letters/words or make typos. I think this is excusable to some degree, but using text speak is just lazy and unnecessary.

There have been plenty of occasions (and this is another pet hate) where I have seen one long post with barely any punctuation in it, and you get to the end and just think 'WTF?!'

So the point is, you need to write clearly, and text speak is a big no no in that sense.

Jeez, this has gone off topic :)

johnnyboy666

i second your point on the no punctuation! very confusing :s i generally read through my posts a few times before posting and still find plenty of mistakes :)

sonofsam
annonce2020520gti20220min-1.jpg

mikeyde

thank god, someone eventually helped this guy out with a picture of what he was after. im a bit dissapointed the reaction to this post. unessesary winging.

sonofsam

;) It's not exactly a life or death situation though is it :D

Anyway I think that 205 looks pretty good, without the red trim would make it look worse

of course, and it is a non sunny :P I may PS some white speedlines on it later, just for full effect you understand.

Foltan

yeah it would probably look better if the wheels were shiny or black, or maybe white, and if it had red trim

pete1986

My 205 is white (the best colour :wacko: ). I think that it is the contrast between the black and white that makes it look so good. Colour coded trim destroys the whole 205 image IMO, apart from black and maybe a dark blue.

Found one with red trim here

I think it looks even worse than without

Sign in to follow this