• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jrod

Bolt Through Spacers

Jrod

Saw these on ebay

64be_1.JPG

Going very cheap so I am considering buying them, only problem is the threads have been stripped.

I wondered if it would be possible/safe to bolt the wheels on though the hole deisnged to hold the sapcer to the hub and not use the holes designed to bolt the wheels onto the spacers?

johnnyboy666

the holes to bolt the spacer to the hubs have recesses for the the bolt heads so the bolts wont be touching much if they go through the wheel first, as to whether that'd make a lot of difference im not sure, i would've thought it would be like using those wobble nuts on 98x4 pcd cars with 100x4 wheels

you could try and fashion a washer type thing that could sit in the recess (possibly using some old wheel bolts) and that might be a bit better? or just drill a fresh set of holes?

Rippthrough

Better off cleaning the damaged holes up for the bolts to go through.

johnnyboy666

yes that seems much more plausable than my ideas hehe

sonofsam

I personally wouldn't bother, cheap usually equals ball ache in the future :D

If the threads been completely stripped then it will have to be re-cut oversized, so wont you have

problems finding correct sized bolts? and do you really want to risk a pair of spacers that have been abused?! More hassle than it's really worth isnt it?

28CRAIG

You could drill the hole out and use a helicoil insert will be alot stronger than the original thread.

welshpug

drill the holes out to 14mm and get longer bolts.

Jrod

I can't be bothered with that hassle, just though yo might be able to bole them on through the other holes! :D

Sign in to follow this