• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Zx 16v To Zx Dakar

welshpug

I've started looking at the wiring again, having remembered that the GTi6 all goes through the round plugs, the ZX doesnt...

30-04-07_1722.jpg

This may explain some issues I had a few months ago when the engine wouldn't turn off :)

Where does the Lambda sensor feed get connected up in a GTi6 conversion? My thoughts were that I should connect it to the wire coming off pin 5 of the relay (fuel pump feed) but with an in-line fuse, as its routed back through the Round plugs from the fusebox in the 306 (again feeding from pin 5)

I just need to figure out where I went wrong with the picture above as the car runs with the inertia switch unplugged....

VisaGTi16v

Did you see that immaculate white one on ebay a couple of weeks back? It was ruined by one of those god awful lower spoilers but other than that it was great but I had no spare money laying around. I always see dakars on french ebay as well. There is a nice stripped out and caged track day 16v for sale up North somewhere which again I would buy if I had the space heh, not road legal currently which would be an issue for me though. Cant help on your questions sorry, just wishing I had my old red one back again. It was still the best lanes car I have had. Not as quick as my Xsara in a straight line but far less sensistive brakes and after I crashed it at Goodwood and half crushed the pas pipe coming out of the pump, the steering was much better as well as not so light heh

PS: There is one on there being broken for spares at the moment if you need any rare bits like body kit etc

Edited by VisaGTi16v

welshpug

No I didnt spot the white one, did see the dark green one for breaking even though there seemed to be nothing wrong with it.

IMO it would be as quick as a VTS as standard due to its weight, though the power delivery is somewhat different, I know what you mean about the brakes, same as the ones on the front of my 405.

VisaGTi16v

It was certainly as quick low down but found it ran out of steam over 6k whereas my VTS used to pull hard to the 7240 ish limiter. The Xsaras brake pedal was just horrendous round town, breath on the pedal and you went through the windscreen, bit better when thrashing it but the zx's was great and just right

This was the white one

welshpug

hmm, I think that was a Citroen sport addition, I agree it looks naff! Not tempted then :) I'm sure it would be much livlier with a PeterT inlet cam...

I do indeed require body parts, unfortunately I haven't got an income :D

VisaGTi16v

If it had been about £800 buy it now and it was today and not a month ago when I was thinking of keeping the current car that I now plan to sell, I would have bought it, chucked on a different manifold etc

Lack of income would be a major issue if you want to spend money on cars heh. Im taking a year off from sprinting the Visa as I am boring of them, I win quite often and the value for money is just awful so would like to go racing but need new suspension first and to save up a budget, 2009 perhaps...

pug_ham

I'm guessing the picture above is of the ZX plugs?

Looking on my Autodata wiring diagram the lambda sensor gets a switched signal from the double injection relay (pin 5 >05-97 & pin 1 <06-97) via the IFS & fuse #11 on the 6 to pin 1 on the lambda plug so you need to find a switched 12v to splice it into (fuel pump feed as mentioned).

If it runs with the intertia switch unplugged, have you joined into the wire leading to it from the relay before the switch & not after but I wouldn't fit the IFS anyway so wouldn't be that bothered about changing it.

Graham.

welshpug

Thanks Graham, confirmed what I though and since doing a fair bit of searching last night I found a diagram specific to the 10J4RS management in a thread on here.

I also found my error and have rectified it, only have to re-assemble and turn the key to see if I'm right or not :)

What I had done for some reason was to wire the fuel pump to pin 14, so the pump did indeed get a switched live, but not from pin 5 as it should have done!

Fuel pump and Lambda is now fed from pin 5 via an Inline fuse and the Inertia switch :D

pug_ham

Nice to hear you've sorted it, tbh though I wouldn't use / fit an inertia switch after what I've heard about them activating on bumpy roads at speed.

More of a danger than safety measure in some circumstances.

Graham.

welshpug

That was mentioned to me in the last few days actually to I'll see how I get on, I've mounted it securely to the battery box.

That's two Management transplants complete now :lol:

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

Well, it took a While, but yesterday it passed an MOT, so a bit of a shout out to those that helped the last final push ;)

I had put it in a few weeks ago but it failed on headlamp Alignment which was due to broken inner adjusters, (thanks to Darren aka Visagti16v for the spare outer adjusters he sent me) and a corroded brake pipe.

The corroded brake pipe actually did break when I unclipped it from the boot floor, this early model used inline pressure limiters just like the 1.9 205, the aforementioned broken pipe was also seized solid in the valve so a pair of those were sourced (just Bosch boxed generic items from GSF, as the original items were NLA and I couldnt find the specific differences), as was about 12 metres of brake pipe and 8 male ends!!! :)

All 6 brake hoses were marked as an Advisory, so I ordered a set of 4 braided lines from Miles aka Pugracing which fitted perfectly, I also made up the brake line on the trailing arm like the later 306's to do away with the short hoses to the caliper.

As per usual with Bendix rear calipers I had a seized nipple which decided to snap, cue Roland Rat with a spare caliper, cheers Ash!

New set of Peugeot branded pads from Neat Auto's with a Pugtop discount (cheers Kev :D )

One single advisory on the sheet, a rear number plate starting to de-laminate, no problems whatsoever with the engine's installation, not a word mentioned about it not being original actually!

Now just a slight dilema about how to insure it, its the same block with a different head and an extra 12bhp, but its not "modified" as such