• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart_knight6

4000rpm Hesitation

stuart_knight6

It seems at about 4000rpm and possible when the second choke kicks in the car hesitates, and it really bogs right down.

Anyone have any ideas what and where to adjust things?

stuart_knight6

DGAS - What does this mean?

calvinhorse
DGAS - What does this mean?

he means your carb is it dgas?

macaroni

No I don't, I mean as a solution to your hesitation, try fitting a Weber DGAS. It won't be perfect, but it will be worth it.

j_turnell

Sounds like your jets could be blocked.

Enfield

Does it sound like it's misfiring?

If it's not then it is probably the jet.

Foltan

mine did this on a big scale when the lambda sensor went. ive got a 1.4i

stuart_knight6

Thanks or the replies. I dont really want to have to buy a new carb.

It cant be the lambda sensor as it not an injection.

I took the top half of the carb and saw two brass screws, removeed them both and they look clear.

It doesnt misfire, it just gets to 4000rpm full throttle and it just bogs down and then will power up and then bog again. It feels like when the second choke kicks in.

Could it possibly when I changed the cambelt that I got it a tooth out?

johnnyboy666

ive got a carb u can have for a small price if you want, it just needs a new emulsion tube (cos i dropped it in some gravel and couldnt find it) but you could use your original one...

Enfield
Thanks or the replies. I dont really want to have to buy a new carb.

It cant be the lambda sensor as it not an injection.

I took the top half of the carb and saw two brass screws, removeed them both and they look clear.

It doesnt misfire, it just gets to 4000rpm full throttle and it just bogs down and then will power up and then bog again. It feels like when the second choke kicks in.

Could it possibly when I changed the cambelt that I got it a tooth out?

The two tubes that you took out aren't the jets. The jets are underneath the tubes.

You need a long skinny flatheaded screw driver, put that down the hole and remove them, give them a clean and put them back.

stu_woac

does it pick up after the bog as you could have a leaking seconary system leaving alot of fuel ontop of the choke so your bog down in performace is to much fuel its very hard to tell with out seeing or driving the car as the solex wants losing its way in life can have many problems that only a rebuilt of all moving parts

stuart_knight6

Stu,

It does pick up again and then bogs again. If you can imagine the power is on off on off.

Is it possible that the cambelt could be a tooth out is a suggestion that I have had?

j_turnell

Failing coil, ignition amp??

stu_woac

it doesnt sould like a tooth out it will run bad everywhere, coil amp could be right £15 for anew one of thoughs

stuart_knight6

Would replacing the whole coil include an amplifier as well?

I have seen the whole coil for £28 from EuroCarParts, unsure if it has amplifier though.

Enfield

You threw me off with the whole choke thing.

My 205 GT did the same thing at about the same revs and it was the distributer cap!

t16ryan

my moneys on the carb :) sounds like blocked jet,

stuart_knight6

I am 100% convinced it is not the jets, i stripped those buggers right out and celaned them. They werent even dirty and still it has the issue.

So, at WOT it revs freely to 4200rpm then the power gos off, and then back on. It wont rev past 4200 either.

Will check the timing tonight, but stuggling to find the hole in the flywheel. I took out a sensor on the side of the transmission and tried to find the locking hole, but i cant find it anywhere.

Edited by stuart_knight6

t16ryan

Hello mate your only 25 mins away from me i am in thetford, if you pop over i will swap the carb for a known good one so you can eliminate the carb as i am pretty sure thats the fault :)

stuart_knight6

OK, Checked the cambelt again, was 3 teeth out.

Runs like a dream now with the new manifold as well. Thanks for all the advice.

macaroni

3 teeth?? Are you valves/pistons OK?

stuart_knight6

I hope so. It runs perfect now. Lucky mistake I think.

Macaroni - Does the CSC manifold you supplied bolt on to the gearbox/engine using the old manifold bracket or havent you used it?

T16Ryan - Thanks for the offer. If I get stuck I will give you a shout, otherwise keep an eye out for a red XS....

Jrod

It doesn't use the old bracket no, there is a bracket welded onto thet the dowpipe and you just bolt that to the gearbox. -_-

t16ryan

3 teeth? lol and it still ran, ok mate will keep eye out for ya -_-

Sign in to follow this