• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest d-9

Improving Lighting

Guest d-9

Looking to improve the lighting on my 309, the driving lights and fogs arent working at all, and im thinking of changing the bulbs in the headlights.

Whats the brightest bulbs i can fit to the driving lights legally, and without the wiring catching fire?

Can i change the lenses on the fogs to the same as the driving lights, and wire them so they all come on at the same time?

Any places i can get really bright bulbs from?

cheers

dg

Guest puggti

No offence mate, but how many times have u been driving when some tosser behind u has his headlights in ur face!! Just get the standard bulbs or some blue ice ones from Halfords!!

Fogs are illegal to have on so u want a seperate switch to turn the fogs on!!

Mine come on when the full beam are on.

Guest himbigchief

I live out in the middle of the country, and the nearest street lights are about 5 miles away. Having standard bulbs just isn't an option! You just don't see the bunny's, or pheasants and other stuff.

Basically I've got the more powerful 105/90W bulbs in both my 309 and 405, and they don't half work! My main dip was as powerful as my lasses full beam! And the full beam is like driving in daylight!

Granted, they are illegal, but they've sailed through MOT's and I've been pulled over so many times and not one of them has said anything...

James

Guest d-9
No offence mate, but how many times have u been driving when some tosser behind u has his headlights in ur face!!

I agree its very irritating when people crusie around town on dip beam with their fogs on, but i really have no plan of doing this. I live in the middle of yorkshire, and when i (seldom) drive in town, i tend to have the lights on dip.

Just want to be able to see which way the road goes and what type of game ill be scraping of the bumper this evening.

Guest mrswampy

i live in the sticks as well and was wondering about upgrading my bulbs to brighter ones but was told that any bigger than normal would soon wreck the wireing,relay switches etc

is this true?

if not what bulbs can i leaglly use?

p.s any one got any 309 gti driveing/fog lamps for sale cheap?

Guest ott

To use full potential of more powerful bulbs it is nessearry

to fit new suitable wireing, relay switches etc.

Otherwise it usually makes no difference or destroys the wires.

I replaced old bulbs with normal H4's with light blue shading (Flösser Megablau)

and it made a diffrence (especially in snow or rain).

And of course reflectors and lenses must be in prefect condition to make a good

light pattern (correct term?)

cheers,

ott

Guest race rabbit

ive got the xenon bulbs in my 205 they are suposed to be 30% brighter with no extra strain on the wiring :ph34r:

Guest ScoobyJawa

You don't need higher wattage. Get some Philips Vision plus and be amazed by how much brighter they are ;) Got some on mine, and on the Scoob I had before and they are superb :ph34r:

Guest deeem

Legally? 60/55W

Advice: Cibie Oscars

Most of the difference in the amount of light given out is due to the quality of the reflectors and lenses - you'd be amazed how much light cibies seem to put out with 60W bulbs in!

Sign in to follow this