• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Dizzy Cap Pastic Gasket Thingy?

johnnyboy666

i took my dizzy cap off today to clean inside and the plasticy sort of gasket jobby that sit underneath the rotor arm was pretty much disintegrated, what is it? what does it do? and where can i get another one?

cheers peeps

DrSarty

Mine came with a new dizzy cap but I'm not sure if you can buy it separately.

On an Mi16, as I learned, you need to remove the torxed in (and usually thread locked) rotor arm base - which COULD be tricky with the cam still fitted - to replace old with new. Secondly, again on an Mi, as this dizzy cap base only fits one way up in conjunction with the dizzy cap, you need to rotate it to the correct orientation (by lining it up with the bolt holes for the cap which go through it) before fixing the coolant pipe to the side of the head, as you can't turn it round once this hard pipe is clamped in.

Once on it acts as the fixing base for the cap and as stated has one correct orientation only.

I hope that helps.

Rich :lol:

Edited by DrSarty

johnnyboy666

so what exactly does it do? is it safe to run the engine wothout this bit?

Enfield

Plastic gasket thingy?

No idea what you mean. Is it part of the cap?

ini

This is the dust cap for the distributor (fragile grey plastic)

It is there to prevent debris (generally the dust cap itself lol) entering the dizzy.

They are no longer available from peugeot for a 205, but you may get one for something similar.

Edited by ini

johnnyboy666

hmm well it was causing more debris than it was preventing lol, ive ran it for a while today and had no ill effects so i'll just have to keep an eye out for one and run without untill then i suppose

Sign in to follow this