• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

1.6 Gti Mods

ross009

i know this will have bin covered no end but ive searched and cant seem to find what im looking for which might be down to my choice of words. ive bought a set of twin 40's to go onmy 1.6 an was then planning to put a 1.9 lump in but after having a good read on here maybe a 1.6 is the way for me to go im planning on using the car for road use mainly maybe a few track days so in peoples opinions would i be better to stay with the 1.6 on twin 40's then skim the head to increase cr a bit and a catcams 288 cam(what sort of power at the fly wud i get) or say just a 1.9 engine on 40's and a cam? just looking to be able to enjoy a fairly reliable 'b' road destroyer not some drag monster? any advice and opinions on this is welcomed.

cheers

Tony_205

Drop in a 1.9 lump and mate your 1.6 gearbox upto it. Then your mods!

Would be easier to mod the engine before putting it in tho of course. just make sure its a good strong 1.9 engine.

Edited by Tony_205

Sign in to follow this