• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Enfield

Bloody Car

Enfield

Hi,

I drive a 1.4 Rallye and today it decided that it didn't want to be driven.

Was 'giving it some' for a short period, roughly 2 minutes till I came up to a some traffic lights which were red. I went to pull away but the whole car started kangerooing violently, so I had to dip the clutch and give it more revs to get it going and all the way down the road is was hesitating.

So I pulled out the choke about a cm and it works fine!!

What the hell is up with it??

It's got new spark plugs, leads, rotor arm & distributer cap, new battery and a K&N bolt-on filter with an oil breather filter thing.

I fitted the air filter last Friday and the oil breather filter on the Saturday and it's been running fine up till now.

j_turnell

blocked jets in the carb?

Enfield

Could well be but to get to the jets I have to remove the top half of the carb and to do that I would need a new gasket!

They're rarer than rocking horse poo! :D

28CRAIG

Where have you been getting your petrol from?

I was using petol from a well known supermaket but i have had two fuel filters block up in a month, since i have stoped using it mine has been fine.

djinuk

I had this problem, rather than messing about i jst replaced the carb

bren_1.3
Could well be but to get to the jets I have to remove the top half of the carb and to do that I would need a new gasket!

They're rarer than rocking horse poo!

how much are peugeot charging? the manifold gaskets come in the big cylinder head seal packs. ive got 3 or 4 spare that ill never need if you want one.

trogboy

Bren - He mean the gasket between the top and bottom castings of the carb. I have always re-used mine in the past without a problem

Enfield - you don't have to take the carb apart at all. Once you have the air intake off you can see the tops of the emulsion tubes through the space in the top casting. unscre these and remove using a cocktail stick pushed into the central hole. Then a long skinny screwdriver down these holes to unscrew the jets and remove using a long cocktail stick or a skinny wooden skewer. Blow out the holes to remove any crap then replace all of the bits taken off. Should only take 10mins max

Enfield
Enfield - you don't have to take the carb apart at all. Once you have the air intake off you can see the tops of the emulsion tubes through the space in the top casting. unscre these and remove using a cocktail stick pushed into the central hole. Then a long skinny screwdriver down these holes to unscrew the jets and remove using a long cocktail stick or a skinny wooden skewer. Blow out the holes to remove any crap then replace all of the bits taken off. Should only take 10mins max

I don't have a screw driver thin enough to fit so I have to take the top section off. I think i'll have to get another screw driver tomorrow.

Can you provide a definite answer as to whether the jet on the right hand side as you look at the carb standing at the front of car is the main jet?

Enfield

She's working now! :P

Bought a long skinny screwdriver and just put the K&N jet in, sprayed a load of carb cleaner every where and it's running nice and smooth. :)

Sign in to follow this