• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jwa

What's Wrong ? ... On My 205 Mi16 ...

jwa

Hey ......

I need some help ...

I have installed the MI16 engine, and done the wiiring ......

But there is something wrong.

There is 12V where it needs to be. But the power to work the relays (green (fuel relay), and brown relay), are not there. There is no spark at the plugs and so on .....

What is wrong ?

Edited by jwa

PsychoSimon

have you connected the earths to the fuel rail and an arth strap from the engine/box to the chassis/body?

pug_ham

What loom have you used?

Graham.

paul205mi16

Earths to the fuel rail?

jackherer
Earths to the fuel rail?

IIRC thats only on BX 16v looms, not 405 ones.

jwa

Its a 148 bhp 405 MI engine and loom. I am using the censor loom from the 205.

I have connected 2 x earth to the gearbox, and 2 x earth to the chassis (just behind the battery). Have i forgotten one ?

Edited by jwa

pug_ham

Both relays should be connected directly to the battery distribution block iirc but also have an ignition switched feed to close the relay's.

Have you earthed the ignition amp? This could be the cause of no spark.

There should be an earth lead from the battery to the gearbox, have you connected that or both from the battery terminal to the chassis?

Graham.

jwa

I have made a new consol for the ignition amp. Because the wire on the 16V loom was too short. Maybe there's something wrong there.

I am using the one from the 8V engine. Is that a problem ?

Edited by jwa

pug_ham
I am using the one from the 8V engine. Is that a problem ?
Possibly, the Mi16 uses a seven pin ignition amp not a six pin one like the 8v GTi doesn't it?

If you've still got the original Mi one, plug it in & see if it fixes the spark problem.

Graham.

jim205GTI

I still use the ignition amp from my 8 valver on the mi and that sparks no prob........

The switched ignition not being wired up correctly ( wire 32 something i think) wouldn't affect the relays would it? :lol:

jwa

Ehhhh ..... i havent touched anything in the engine loom. just removed the cencor wiiring, and replaced it with the cencor-loom from the 8V.

Wire nr. 32 .... ?? .... its the two orange wires (dont remember the number) that controls the relay's (green and brown). They dont work.

Where does wire nr. 32 go from ?... and to ?

pug_ham

Wire #32 goes to the injection supply (brown? ) relay from the coil on the ML4.1 ecu & closes when the ignition is switched on. Without it the car wouldn't run afaik.

What ecu is yours? I think it should be the M1.3 ecu (3 row ecu plug) with your donor car being the 148bhp Mi16 so you won't have it.

Is the ecu locked? Looking at the autodata on M1.3 the ecu controls the switching of the relays.

Graham.

jwa

yep, my ECU is the M1,3 model.

What do you mean by "locked" ?

pug_ham
What do you mean by "locked" ?

Was the loom & ecu from a 405 which had a keypad immobiliser?

If so was the ecu removed before the keypad timed out after switching the engine off?

Graham.

jwa

ok ....

Its a long story. I bought the engine with a wiiring loom. The car was an '88 model. But in Denmark (where i live), an '88 model is a 160 bhp model. My engine is a 148 bhp model.

So i think this car have had its second engine. But they mounted the wrong engine in the car.

I had to buy another wiiring loom, that matched my engine.

My engine, ECU and wiiring loom is from 3 different cars ....

jwa

At last ..... its running ....

It was a fault on my "MI16 to-do" -list.

Wire nr. 2 and 2A (2 big red wires) has to be put together. Now its running ..... NICE ....

Sign in to follow this