• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chesney

White Paint Code

chesney

Had my 205 for nearly 14 years now. So was fairly new when I bought it and I always new it wasn't one of the regular white's and have never seen another with this shade.

Wanting to get the bodywork sorted out and hoped somebody could identify the colour. Its not Alpine or Bianca. Its a kind of off white and I saw one called Banquis somewhere. If anyone knows it would be a real help!

Will post a pic once I get one uploaded to photobucket as it appears to be down just now ;) .

chesney
Paintguy where are you??

:D

Yeah I've seen his work on here and if only he was closer I'd love to leave it in his hands ;)

PS the car is in my avatar but strangly just looks the reg white in that. I have a pic to post up which has bianca wings but original colour on the bumper so that shuld show up the difference, its really quite significant ;)

Edited by chesney

welshpug

Arctic?

chesney

I had read that topic but without actual pictures its not much use to me. Cannot see any paint code near the pass light either.

Here's that pic I mentioned. Front skirt is a bit of a mess. Like to replace it but not sure who made it!! So will prob need to get it repaired

colour.jpg

lagonda

My CTi is late 89 & the paint code is EWL IVI. I think the IVI just refers to the original paint manufacturer. I was told the car was Bianca White, which it wasn't. Went into a Peugeot dealer & for some reason they've only retained details of some codes, needless to say not including mine. They could only confirm that EWT was Alpine White, which mine wasn't.

Eventually I found an accessory shop (no, not Halfords) who had tins of touch up spray, & that manufacturer's list was very helpful. I think EWL was called Ermine White, & it's a white with a cream tinge, which might therefore be the same as yours.

Just checked the tin, it's CarPlan & their code is White-17 & they refer to it as Ermine White. Haven't tried it on the car yet.

t16ryan
My CTi is late 89 & the paint code is EWL IVI. I think the IVI just refers to the original paint manufacturer. I was told the car was Bianca White, which it wasn't. Went into a Peugeot dealer & for some reason they've only retained details of some codes, needless to say not including mine. They could only confirm that EWT was Alpine White, which mine wasn't.

Eventually I found an accessory shop (no, not Halfords) who had tins of touch up spray, & that manufacturer's list was very helpful. I think EWL was called Ermine White, & it's a white with a cream tinge, which might therefore be the same as yours.

Just checked the tin, it's CarPlan & their code is White-17 & they refer to it as Ermine White. Haven't tried it on the car yet.

Same colour as my convertable as my mate is spraying the grill and rear panel today and i had to get the paint code for him :D

Edited by t16ryan

chesney
I think EWL was called Ermine White, & it's a white with a cream tinge, which might therefore be the same as yours.

Thanks for the replys.

I remember buying a spraycan of ermine white before and it was the closest but still looked different. Maybe it was ermine and I just got a bad tin! :D

Paintguy
. Its not Alpine or Bianca. Its a kind of off white and I saw one called Banquis somewhere.

Blanc Banquise is a popular PSA colour, but I've never heard of it being used on a 205. The code is EWP :D

pug_ham
I had read that topic but without actual pictures its not much use to me.

Even with pictures I'd be very dubious about getting a panel on a my car resprayed to the paint code of another car judging by a picture.

How the car has been cared for through its life can make such a difference to how it looks in a picture as can weather conditions when the photo was taken.

Graham.

Paintguy

I agree 100% with Graham.

Choosing a colour from a picture is foolhardy in my opinion. Even the diferences between cameras and the colour temperature of your monitor can make huge differences.

chesney
I agree 100% with Graham.

Choosing a colour from a picture is foolhardy in my opinion. Even the diferences between cameras and the colour temperature of your monitor can make huge differences.

Guys I'm not intending to have the car painted based on a dodgy photograph. I was just trying to find out if anyone new of a factory colour that is off white. This will give me a place to start cos at the mo I have no idea and neither did my local dealer.

I also hear what you say about photo's not giving a true representation but had hoped that the photo I put up would be a help to see that its certainly not bianca as per my wing and bonnet.

So far I've ruled out Bianca and alpine. Ermine and banquise are possibles so what I may do is get a sample of each and see how it compares to a nice fresh part of the original paintwork. Being nearly 20 years old I don't expect it will look bang on so will give it a damned good cut and polish.

Then I'll need a sympathetic bodywork man to take it on for me as my skills are mechanical and am liabilty with a spraygun :lol:

Edp

hmmm an off white colour?, how about dulux cornflower?

seriously though fella why not take it to a decent bodyshop where they can get that machine which tells you what colour the car is? paintguy will inform you more.

lagonda

Just been over to France to check for you & further to my previous post, EWL is referred to over there as Beta White. That's on a spray tin list in Auchan (hypermarket).

Is there no limit to how far us forum members will go to help one another out?

OK, I own up, I did go for the scoff. Yummm.

Also! The CTi went all the way there & back again without breaking down!

Got to go, mountain of prawns to get through.

Sign in to follow this