• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
robgti

Slight Hesitation

robgti

hi all was driving down the a19 this evening and all was well apart from my wheel bearing howling. any way i turned off and stopped a junction then when i went to pull away my car started to hesitate abit so i gave it some more revs and away it went. then later on the same thing happen but this time it sounded like it was over fueling i think (mad little popping noise coming from the exhaust) its a 106 gti engine in a 205 gti by the way. any ideas what might cause this? thanks

calvinhorse

frozen carb??? ie- long period at high speed so max airflow? just a guess

johnnyboy666

sorry to hijack but i'm having a very similar problem, it sort of feels like overfueling a little but my spark plugs seem fine, and i get a sort of rasping spiting noise from the exhaust when engine breaking sort of like a backfire (mines a roland garros(xs)) :)

bren_1.3

a guess at the ignition coil breaking down due to heat. develops a serious misfire until it cools off.

robgti

well its not got carbs so cant be that. it only happen once then once id dipped the clutch and give it some more revs it was ok. lamba maybe?

calvinhorse

ah sorry didnt read tread properly! thought it was an xs

Sign in to follow this