• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mloncar

Balanced And Lightned Bottom End

mloncar

I have a short question.. ..how does lightned and balanced bootom end (crack, pistons, rods, flywheel...) effects the engine performace?

Jrod

Make ir rev quicker and be able to rev higher.

mloncar

I'm in small dilemma..

I have two options:

- balanced bottom end, ported head, valves modified and new valve seats cut, skimed head and updated Weber 32/34 carb

- Catcams for my engine

which option is better, since both options costs almost the same? i'm using my car for autoslaloms and as daily driver.. I'm planing on one of this options for this year + full engine rebult and SS exhaust + tubular manifold.

PS: thats for my Renault 5 1.4 8V (80KM standard).. ..the engine is similar to TU3 engine

Edited by mloncar

smckeown

how can those 2 options cost the same ? 1st items seems to be a full rebuild and the 2nd just a cam change ?

mloncar

I got a very good price on option A from a known Slovenian rally mechanic, who worked on Clios 1.4 Cup cars (in 1994 in 1995) - I have clio 1.4 engine in my R5.. ..with this mods (in option A) 1.4 8V engines had arround 105-110KM (with standard cams.. ..arround 235° to 240° at 0.1mm). the price is 250€ (£170) + somthing for updating the carb. on the other hand 270° or 276° Catcams camshaft would cost me 330€ or £225.

this year I'll do one of these options + full engine rebuilt.. ..so if i'll do option A this year, option B will be on my priority list next year and other way arround.

PS: i can get all material for engine rebuilt for 150€ (piston rings, bearings, gaskets, belts...).

Edited by mloncar

Sign in to follow this