• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rik

Aluminium Radiators

Rik

Looking on e-bay at radiators, it seems there all aluminium.

What was the original radiator made of?

And does anyone know of any cheaper than e-bay (around £40)??

Cheers

Rik

jim21070

The originals were copper Rik and on many well neglected cars, the block turns red from the copper migrating from a disintegrating rad.

Aluminium rads are a fine replacement and the 205GTi ones, which are also shared with the 205 Diesel are excellent. A good make is Nissins, Danish I believe.

I'm using Nissins on all of my cars with no problems at all.

E-Bay are a good source but do check ECP and GSF for pricing. Don't forget what can look cheap on E-Bay can be expensive when postage is taken into consideration. GSF offer free postage if you spend enough with them and that is not difficult with a French car :lol:

NEVER buy a second-hand one!

GLPoomobile
NEVER buy a second-hand one!

I did. From someone on here. It's been fine.

I wouldn't normally take the risk though. It was only marginally cheaper than a new alloy rad, but I was skint!

jim21070
I did. From someone on here. It's been fine.

I wouldn't normally take the risk though. It was only marginally cheaper than a new alloy rad, but I was skint!

Buying from a fellow forum member is different. One can trust people on here not to sell junk. I should have qualified my statement more fully by saying NEVER buy a second-hand one from an untrusted source (e.g. E-Bay) Some of the ones I have seen on there look well past even being fit for the bin...

Higgy

I'm running a Nissen aluminium rad. Lovely.

Simes
I'm running a Nissen aluminium rad. Lovely.

Me too....deals with the Mi well.

Miles

ECP are the cheapest for these by a long way, Ebay prices are just silly as normal,

Rik

ECP works out just short of £60, but for an ebay one ther 39.99 + 9.99 postage so about £10 cheaper...

Anyone know of any cheaper?

Rik

Ahl

Local motorfactor?

Grim.Badger
Local motorfactor?

They ended up being as expensive around here as GSF/ECP, plus one could only get the copper alloy with brass fittings (rather than plastic), it was a shock to hear the price of one of them :) To be honest you're not really going to get cheaper than £45 inc postage.

I've been running a Valeo aluminium radiator from GSF for a while and its absolutely fine.

pee vee

I have a Aluminium radiator, the temp never getstoo high even on a

track thrashing.

very good IMO

Edited by pee vee

matty_gti

I bought a ali rad on ebay on Tuesday evening and i got it today!. Excellent member and item, it looks and fits spot on!

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

Sign in to follow this