• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Parts Catalogue

dch1950

Hi All,

I am using Miamistu's parts catologue to reference bits. What is the 1991 date break?

I ask as I have a Feb 91 registered 1.6 and differences are noticeable e.g brake lines.

regards

Dave

:lol:

Super Josh

Well it should be based upon the phase of your car. So if your '91 has clear front indicators and a black dash the use the 91 onwards section, orange front indicators and grey dash use the upto 91 section.

Josh

dch1950

cheers.

I was wondering what this phase thing was i.e 1,1.5,2 etc

thanx again.

Dave

Ryan

The changover date was late 1990 (Pug dealer told me it was 1st oct 1990), so a Feb 1991 car with be the later type for sure.

miamistu

That's build dates I assume Ryan? As opposed to when the car was sold.

dch1950
The changover date was late 1990 (Pug dealer told me it was 1st oct 1990), so a Feb 1991 car with be the later type for sure.

As I have black dash and clear indicators I'm thinking later phase (2?) and Feb 91 was date registered - not neccessarily built.

regards

Dave.

Ryan

Mine was registered Nov 90 (and built a few weeks before that I guess) and is a full phase-2, so yours definitely will be.

dch1950
Mine was registered Nov 90 (and built a few weeks before that I guess) and is a full phase-2, so yours definitely will be.

That's interesting, just to keep this idea going my VIN shows a CB6 engine code which Macs site gives my engine type as XU5J1 - rarely mentioned in Haynes etc so apart from the bigger inlets (JA) what does J1 signify?

or is this me just getting obsessed by the detail.

Dave

Grim.Badger
That's interesting, just to keep this idea going my VIN shows a CB6 engine code which Macs site gives my engine type as XU5J1 - rarely mentioned in Haynes etc so apart from the bigger inlets (JA) what does J1 signify?

or is this me just getting obsessed by the detail.

Dave

From the main site:

205 GTI 1.6

07/87 - 92

1580 cc

115 hp / 85 kW

XU5JA

20CB62

You've got the big valve XU5JA. The smaller valve engine is the XU5J. No idea what an XU5J1 would be.

Apart from minor ancilleries changes the only difference between the early and later engines is the valve size iirc.

dch1950
From the main site:

You've got the big valve XU5JA. The smaller valve engine is the XU5J. No idea what an XU5J1 would be.

Apart from minor ancilleries changes the only difference between the early and later engines is the valve size iirc.

No I must admit I haven't a clue myself. It is referred to though - in the parts catalogue . Funny one Eh.!

good input though - ta

Dave

Sign in to follow this