• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Theo205

Removing Sad Air Supply To Inlet Permanently

Theo205

As above... Im thinking of removing the air supply to the inlet tube right after the AFM permanently and connect the AFM directly to the TB with a silicone hose. :)

I've already removed the breather hose coming from the oil filler cap and installed a small filter.

The reason I want to do this is to eliminate any possible air leaks and achive a good constant idle when the engine is fully warmed up. I doubt the SAD is working properly anyway.

I'd like to hear your opinions and whether you had any expirience doing this in the past.

What would the effects be?

Do you think I will have a big idling problem when cold?

Thanks

Theo

BuD

I think you will just have to heel and toe until its warmed up a bit as the sad only leaks air through so you can just simulate this with your right foot.

It will stall without right foot tho when its cold if your idle is 1000rpm when warm if its like my last 1.9 8v 205

Edited by BuD

PsychoSimon

if you remove the sad you will have to block off the pipes. The sad opens when it's cold to effectively part open the throttle. I guess you could wind the idle right down on the throttle body but i doubt it would be easy to get the idle speed down to something sensible. If you block off the sad, then it will be runing as though it's warm all the time and BuD will be right about the right foot thing when its cold.

Regards,

Simon

Miles

I've blocked mine off since a pipe split and never got around to putting it back on but I only use the car in the summer so the 2 mins or so it take's to warn up enough to tick over isn;t a problem, Also had my Stock Hatch racer like this without any problems too

Theo205

-Bud & Psychosimon

I heel and toe even now so that wont be a problem... :D

-Miles

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear

So one end of the sad pipe goes to the tube after the AFM and the other end if i recall correctly goes at the bottom of the inlet mnfld? So i remove the whole pipework and just block the outlet on the inlet mnfld bottom right?

Thanks

Theo

Gibbo GTI

I'm going to block mine off today as the SAD is stuck open on my car so it idles at 1800-2000 rpm when warm. The weather is getting warmer so 'cold' starts shouldn't be too much hassle for a while.

Ahl

How about sticking a small valve in and connecting it up to the dashboard? People do it with the cooling fan often enough.

Personally I don't see why you lot can't just buy a new SAD. Are you going to bodge everything on the car when it gets old and stops working?

Gibbo GTI
How about sticking a small valve in and connecting it up to the dashboard? People do it with the cooling fan often enough.

Personally I don't see why you lot can't just buy a new SAD. Are you going to bodge everything on the car when it gets old and stops working?

Will buy a new one when every penny I earn isn't been spent on staying alive, travelling to work and maintaining a house.

Theo205

Right so why dont we all buy new TB's aswell and have the coolant hoses properly connect onto it instead of bypassing to the exp tank ;).

IMO there are some luxuries you can do without on a 14yo car(with a very low market value), and since I live in a hot country I thought there wouldnt be a problem

...plus, Im just one of those people who thinks the less things under the hood the less the chances of something not to work ok ;) SAD is a luxury for me and a pain in the arse when its not working ok...

I think i'll be better off without it :)

Plus, the enginebay will be "cleaner" with 2 hoses less in it.

Sign in to follow this