• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Stat Housings

boldy205

hi, i would like to know it i need a 16v thermostat housing on my MI engine, i am using the Skip Brown dizzy adapter, as it looks like my old 8v wont fit?

Thanks.

Matt.

M_R_205
hi, i would like to know it i need a 16v thermostat housing on my MI engine, i am using the Skip Brown dizzy adapter, as it looks like my old 8v wont fit?

Thanks.

Matt.

im almost certain the 8v housing wont fit the mi16, put an add in the wanted setion see what you get...

boldy205

looked again and the 8v fits on! duh, have to try opening my eyes next time! :D

boldy205

No it dosent!! the four bolts at the bottom of the housing line up but are only M6 holes in the head, where as the bolts in the 8v housing are M8 (just use M6s with washers then?) but the holes at the top dont line up. Anyone else used this Skip Brown dizzy converter, and what housing have they used. Its an Early MI with carbs. Thanks.

Matt

Daz_C

You'll find it does fit. I know some of the holes don't line up and you may need to use some all thread with a nut on each end to fit atleast 1 of the holes (at the front if I remember). you'll find that out anyway when fitting. Use some decent sealer and you'll be fine. I think I used the M6 bolts with washers.

When I take my engine out with the crane I wrap the rope round mine as one of the lifting points so its plenty strong enough with the bolts that will fit !

I'd take a pic for you but my engines not here at present.

Sorry for being abit vague but it was along time ago when I fitted mine... But it Definatly Fits. ;)

Pics abit poor but you can see it fitted.

boldy205

ok so its just the four bottom bolts you use? Im not quite sure what you meen in your first line of your post, you say: 'You may need to use some 'all' thread with a nut on each end.' What do you meen by all thread?? :D Also there will no longer be a oil feed to the dizzy drive on the 16V engine,as there was on the 8V. Did you just pack the dizzy drive with grease?

Thanks for the reply.

Matt.

Daz_C

A piece of threaded bar. You can get it in different diameters. If I recall at the front of the engine just above the thermstat there is a hole for a bolt. I used some threaded bar that went through this hole and tightenend it up with a nut each end.

No I haven't lubricated mine in anyway as there is no reason IMO. But can't see any reason not to grease it up if you wish.

boldy205

thanks for the replies, off to the garage i go!! (again!) :D

Sign in to follow this