• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

So I Already Effing Loathe My 205

24seven

I've never even started the thing up yet, let alone driven it. I think I may just have a bad egg tough. the loom is a mess, the breather system is a mess, the water pipes are a mess and the air intake is a mess. it's all a mess. someone please un-mess it for me or something. There are pipes, connectors and all sorts of crap that I've no idea where it goes!

\rant. (still, someone fix it please thanks)

Edited by 24Seven

mikeyde

welcome to the fold! im 100% sure if you ask specific questions about your problems youll get the answers your after! certainly worked for me!

steve@cornwall
welcome to the fold! im 100% sure if you ask specific questions about your problems youll get the answers your after! certainly worked for me!

Put up some "where does this go?" pics

24seven

yeah I've spoken to veero about it and he's helped a LOT. Thanks to him, if he's reading.

d-9
I've never even started the thing up yet, let alone driven it. I think I may just have a bad egg tough. the loom is a mess, the breather system is a mess, the water pipes are a mess and the air intake is a mess. it's all a mess.

theyre all like that ;)

jtek

thats factory spec for you lol

fulani

Don't worry - it gets better!!!

I bought mine as a neglected wreck off ebay, and it was two months and almost a grand before I got it working. But that first drive down a tight country lane on a sunny day made it all worthwhile. I have never been so happy while driving a car.

Up where you live, there should be plenty of opportunity for that very soon...!

24seven

ok so I've come up against a few issues. can anyone see any wrongly connected hoses/pipes for the breather system here? comparing to a picture of a 1.9 engine bay poisted here a few days ago (cblue dimma, can't remember whose it was) some things look a bit out of place on mine. this was taken before it was all stripped for rebuilding.

this thing was bought off eBay needing a new headgasket by me who at the time knew jack s*it about 205s. seems a lot of it was bodged at some point in its life.

pug_ham

From looking at that picture nothing instantly jumps out as wrongly connected, except for the Ecotek which shouldn't even be fitted.

Take it off & get it on ebay to help fund the next fix when its needed.

Where does the red hose thats next to the battery / AFM come from or is it just mean't to feed cold air to the filter?

I'd also get the battery distribution block reconnected to the salm panel rather than leaving it loose by the AFM like it looks to be currently in that picture.

Graham.

24seven

yeah that's just a cold air feed, and it's currently feeding a landfill somewhere. the ecotek went straight away too.

the whole loom is a complete jumble of chocolate blocks and chicken wings. most of it's sorted now though. as long as nothing's out of place there, that's how it's going back together :). cheers.

Sign in to follow this