• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest obsolete_account

Brembo 4 Pots

Guest Admin

Okay I have the opportunity to buy some brembo 4 pots from a Fiat Coupe or 406 (not sure which)

Now from my conversations with Miles I know they don't fit onto 1.9 hubs but i've got a few theory's on how to fit them, questions is does anybody have any pictures of the sort of brackets required to make these brakes fit (or any brakes such as GTI-6 etc) 'cos I don't have any idea what the bracket will look like and could do with something to at least start with.

I'm going to use them with std discs.

Here is a pic incase you interested

Brembo.jpg

Miles

The mounting brackets look like it's from a 'Fiat', The pug ones are a bit different to that and are black, so they might fit?

Do you know why there being sold?

Guest ears

look great,

I presume that you are going to make some sort of mounting plate for them. If this is the case why not fit larger discs at the same time as it will take no more effort really.

Any way will make huge difference in stopping power.

How much have did they set you back??

Guest ears

ok sorry did not read that you have not bought them yet.

Why not look at the autofive big disc conversion plates for the standard caliper. The final thing my resemble this with a spacer to the caliper.

Guest Admin

They are being sold as the bloke was able to get some GTI-6 brakes at a really low price and so decided agains't trying to fit the brembos.

I found a fiat coupe last night and yes they are off that, I think i'm going to buy them and give it a shot :D

Guest Bigj
They are being sold as the bloke was able to get some GTI-6 brakes at a really low price and so decided agains't trying to fit the brembos.

I found a fiat coupe last night and yes they are off that, I think i'm going to buy them and give it a shot :D

They look like a good buy to me

Let us know how you get on with them please

John

Guest Admin

Hang on a second i've just noticed cybernck has Xsara VTS Wheel hubs fitted to his 205MI16.

I wonder if the 406 Brembos would fit to these hubs?? or if not how similar are the 205 and 406 hubs?

crf450

Are they alloy or steel?

Cheers Martin

Guest Admin

I presume the brembos are made out of alloy, but i'm not 100% sure on that.

jackherer
I presume that you are going to make some sort of mounting plate for them. If this is the case why not fit larger discs at the same time as it will take no more effort really.

yeah I agree, might as well build the mounting brackets around different discs. The autofive big brake kit has a disc with a different offset to allow for the mount moving the caliper. You could do the same, i.e. choose a large disc (that has a peugeot/citroen stud pattern) with a different offset to the 205 disc based on where the caliper is going to sit with the mounts you fabricate.

Guest Admin

Thats a good idea actually, any idea as to which cars might have discs of the right size and offset and studd pattern??

jackherer

I haven't, but C_W was researching discs a while ago trying to find replacements for the autofive kit so he might have some suggestions...

C_W

If your going to be making up caliper brackets from scratch it makes sense to use 283mm GTi6 discs as these a cheap to got hold of but they are flatter that my Autofive 285mm discs so that would mean the caliper would stick out further than the hub t o accommodate the disc.

I heard a rumour that Autofive no longer sells the big disc kits??? Not sure but Rallye Design do 285mm big discs at £50+vat each (which are the same as Autofive discs but plain/better/cheaper). I did find that Renault 21 TRi 285mm discs would work on my autofive kit with slight modification to the PCD and centre bore. Can get these for about £20 each from EuroCarParts.

But if you can work around a GTi6 disc it would make more sense.

Miles

The brembo's are ally, but the disc's make up for the weight saving!!

jackherer
I heard a rumour that Autofive no longer sells the big disc kits???

I've heard that from a couple of people, apparently his supplier got flooded or something and he is trying to find another... his discs are too expensive anyway, are the rally design discs definitely compatible with the autofive relocators?

C_W
I've heard that from a couple of people, apparently his supplier got flooded or something and he is trying to find another... his discs are too expensive anyway, are the rally design discs definitely compatible with the autofive relocators?

Pretty sure. In fact I think it's the other way round; I reckon Autofive get these discs and have them modified (drilled and grooved) and charge £150+vat for them.

Plain discs are the way to go.

Guest ears
I did find that Renault 21 TRi 285mm discs would work on my autofive kit with slight modification to the PCD and centre bore. Can get these for about £20 each from EuroCarParts.

got to be the way to go IMO.

Using these discs and some custom caliper brackets.

C_W
I did find that Renault 21 TRi 285mm discs would work on my autofive kit with slight modification to the PCD and centre bore. Can get these for about £20 each from EuroCarParts.

got to be the way to go IMO.

Using these discs and some custom caliper brackets.

No no, GTi6 discs are the way to go as they are much more readily available and a similar price as long as clearance is ok.

I mentioned the Renault discs as a possible alternative to the Autofive/285mm big disc kits. With the Reunalt discs the PCD is 100mm so it needs altering (re drilling at 45 degrees to the renault holes) to 108mm. The centre bore is about 60mm and needs taking out to 65.1mm. Apart from that they appear to be the same.

If you want to look at dimensions of loads of brake discs, while away the hours with this beaut of a link;

http://www.exford.co.uk/Brakeworld/Appguid...de/Webframe.htm

Guest ears

very interesting link.

what does the coloum B mean??

Guest jim300186

bit of a off topic but has anyone seen the 10 pot conversion ecoose do that must be awsome

Guest Admin

Nice one, sounds like a plan to me i'm off to find some cheap GTI-6 discs now

speedy

those look very similar to the porsche ones i got, just a tad smaller....

10 pot, 6 pot, 4 pot...... i don't really think that that is a real measurment on how good brakes are .

feel, power, feedback.... that's important, i am used to driving/ racing superbikes, and i find the bimota's 4 pot brembos much superior to the yzf750r 's 6 pot which bassically are only good for f***in up pads and discs.

Guest Admin

ECP sell some really cheap most GTI-6 discs for £15, which means they won't last 10 mins but would be great to test a setup.

Guest ears

Andy did you buy the calipers in the end??

how much did you pay? (if you don't mind)

what is a reasonable for a pair?

Guest Hallsy

Andy, those brembos look wicked.

Just a little thing, if you are gonna be spacing the calliper away from the disc/hub so that it fits Ok, just be aware of problems with the calliper fouling the inside of your wheel.

Sign in to follow this