• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest obsolete_account

Brembo 4 Pots

cybernck
Hang on a second i've just noticed cybernck has Xsara VTS Wheel hubs fitted to his 205MI16.

I wonder if the 406 Brembos would fit to these hubs?? or if not how similar are the 205 and 406 hubs?

no, these are the same (or similar anyway) as 205 gti hubs, as xsara uses gti-6 brakes.

i suspect they are the main reason for my positive camber on the front though :unsure:

i'll be getting the same brembos, but off 406 coupe (and with discs) and these should fit straight on... my T16 :D.

Guest Admin

Just got a quote for some 406 Brembos for £180 delivered from a scrap yard, and with the cost of some cheap 306GTI6 discs at £15 (probably only last a week) this could be a reasonably cheap way to get some impressive brakes, just wonder how hard making the braket to fir the brembos on is likely to be??

Miles

My mate is running these on his 205 with Saab discs of all things, Unfortunately as his mechanical knowledge is sparse I cannot say anymore but might be worth looking into

cybernck

it's not too hard, you just need a very hard material.

i know some racers used the part of a bigger knife that goes into the handle

to create some brackets for calipers for use with bigger discs and it works ok :D

C_W
it's not too hard, you just need a very hard material.

i know some racers used the part of a bigger knife that goes into the handle

to create some brackets for calipers for use with bigger discs and it works ok :P

I bet it stops on a bread board now!! :D stops...on...a...dime...?

"Cuts through the back markers like a hot caliper spacing bracket through butter!" :wacko:

:wacko:

pug_ham
I bet it stops on a bread board now!! :D stops...on...a...dime...?

"Cuts through the back markers like a hot caliper spacing bracket through butter!" :wacko:

:P

:lol::lol::lol: LOL @C_W :lol::lol::lol:B)

Graham. :wacko:

Guest Kev-G

AndyY, Miles,

Why do you think that Brembos don't fit onto a 1.9 hub?

Kev-G

Guest Kev-G

Mmmm, Brembos, hubs, discs - All off the shelf, bolt straight together with NO modifications other than brake lines.

Def. OK under a 16" wheel - Might go under a 15".

Pics when I get round to it.

Let me know when you work-out how it's done....

Cheers,

Kev-G

PS. AndyY, GTi6 discs are too thin and not enough off-set....

PPS. On another thought, what is a cheap way of upgrading the calipers on a 1.6????

cybernck

they won't fit under 15" wheels for sure.

405/406 should have different hub offset than a 205 so that's why it may not fit the 205 directly.

thinking of it, i'm going to check my T16 brakes and my xsara vts brakes, and if they're the same

offset (vts/gti-6 ones fit the 1.9 gti ok), that means brembo's would fit the 205 1.9 ok as well B).

i mean because the brembo's fit T16 with a use of a few mm's wheel spacers (calipers are huge).

i hope to receive my set of brembo's soon :D.

for 1.6 hubs, check Gaz as he's got some direct-fit austin princess 4-pots with 270mm discs :).

cybernck

ok, i've taken a look and the discs are exactly the same (ofcourse, i bought the

discs for my T16 as gti-6 discs, doh!) and calipers seem to have the same offset.

now, since the T16/gti-6 brakes fit 205 1.9 hubs, and brembo's fit T16 hubs, that

means that there might as well be a chance of brembo's fitting 205 1.9 hubs...?

you may just need some wheelspacers??

Miles

The calipers fit straight onto the 1.9 or 1.6 hub, the problem is the offset of the disc it will not fit, you could go down the road of special disc's but this would cost a few quid

Guest Kev-G

cybernck,

GTi-6 discs do not have sufficient off-set - They sit too far out in the caliper - They are also too thin (6mm thinner than 406 Coupe discs).

Following your logic, 406 283mm discs fit both 406 and 205, the calipers fit a 406, therefore they will fit a 205 - They do, but NOT with the discs on....

No wheelspacers required.

Miles,

Bolt straight on with off the shelf discs - No machining, no spacers....

I'll see if I can get some pics over the w/end....

Guest Admin

Kev-G have you done this conversion then??

if so using what dics/hubs/calipers?

cybernck

kev-g, i wasn't talking about gti-6 discs and brembo calipers at all.

what i was saying is that if my T16/GTI-6/VTS brakes (calipers+discs) fit both my 405 and 205,

and brembo brakes fit 405 as well, then brembo's should fit 205 as well. pure logic, unless the

T16 brakes have different offset of the yokes, as the discs are the same as the gti-6/vts ones.

Guest Kev-G

cybernck,

The same set calipers and discs which fit a 205 will NOT fit a 405 - The difference in Peugeots is the off-set (it appears that the caliper bolt spacing is the same across the range). The discs and calipers will fit independently, but not together.

AndyY,

Conversion done (currently sitting in a vice on my bench) - Photos to follow.

Price approx. £650 if you are interested - All Part's brand new - Brembos, discs + Mintex M1144 pads. Have you priced Brembos brand new??

Cheers,

Kev.

Guest Admin

No I haven't priced them new, what brembos are you using 406 ones or some designed for the 205??

Sign in to follow this